2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don’t think he will trade neither because doing so is telling everyone that we won’t be good next year. He can’t do this even if I would like him to do it. There is a lot of interesting player late 1st round

Who are you looking at late round?

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
Taking in consideration that Poirier will be taken before rank 20th, I would be targeting William Wallinder, Sanderson or Guhle as LD as late 1st rounder (even if Guhle is the kind of prospect that would bust under our organisation). I prefer Wallinder.

At forward, I think that Mercer, Zary and Amirov will be off, so I would go with Stranges, Subi or Mysak. I prefer Stranges.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Taking in consideration that Poirier will be taken before rank 20th, I would be targeting William Wallinder, Sanderson or Guhle as LD as late 1st rounder (even if Guhle is the kind of prospect that would bust under our organisation). I prefer Wallinder.

At forward, I think that Mercer, Zary and Amirov will be off, so I would go with Stranges, Subi or Mysak. I prefer Stranges.

giphy.gif

Amirov looked so crazy good to start with Salavat Yulaev, but nothing ever really clicked for him. But I watched a few games where his line with Burmistrov created chance after chance after chance, but still no KHL goals. He had 8 shots on goal in one KHL game.

Reactions: Plekatorz

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I like Paschiin with one of our early 2nd. He's got one hell of a snipe.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
giphy.gif

Amirov looked so crazy good to start with Salavat Yulaev, but nothing ever really clicked for him. But I watched a few games where his line with Burmistrov created chance after chance after chance, but still no KHL goals. He had 8 shots on goal in one KHL game.
Amirov was disappointing at the CIBC challenge, I fanned a bit on him personally... Love Mercer, if we get another first and he still is on the board, that would be the cherry on the cake...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Amirov was disappointing at the CIBC challenge, I fanned a bit on him personally... Love Mercer, if we get another first and he still is on the board, that would be the cherry on the cake...

When you see a kid who is handling himself on a shift to shift basis that well against pros you can't help but be a fan. But when it doesn't ever culminate in anything, I start to get worried.

...at least Berggren can score at the SHL level now lol. Jeez, that took forever.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
When you see a kid who is handling himself on a shift to shift basis that well against pros you can't help but be a fan. But when it doesn't ever culminate in anything, I start to get worried.

...at least Berggren can score at the SHL level now lol. Jeez, that took forever.
How would you rank those kids at this point? I havent been following much so far this year...

Today Mercer is playing at 3 PM ET against Lafreniere at TVA sports for those interested, cant watch it live personally, but I will probably watch the replay later tonight, should be a fun game...

Reactions: Acadien86

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
How would you rank those kids at this point? I havent been following much so far this year...

Today Mercer is playing at 3 PM ET against Lafreniere at TVA sports for those interested, cant watch it live personally, but I will probably watch the replay later tonight, should be a fun game...

I think where I had Amirov to start the season was correct, somewhere in the 20s. Mercer is still on my ''to watch'' list. I will catch up with these things during the holidays.

I have seen a lot of Wallinder, though, and I am a fan boi. He is such a unique prospect. I won't say that he has a tremendous understanding of the defence position, but that kid can f***ing play.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

Thanks man, wasn't aware!

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I do not have my pet prospect yet for this year.

Hard to pick one just yet. Wait for when we solidify ourselves in the bottom 10 after this December schedule! If we are that low it's looking like Drysdale is the only D worth taking really high... so we may be looking at another forward in the 1st then picking more Ds later on.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hard to pick one just yet. Wait for when we solidify ourselves in the bottom 10 after this December schedule! If we are that low it's looking like Drysdale is the only D worth taking really high... so we may be looking at another forward in the 1st then picking more Ds later on.

I'll be looking at superstar forwards. We don't have a dynamic talent in the system.

Reactions: atrud66

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I'm so sick of watching other teams poop out superstar forwards with top 10 picks and we don't get ****. Enough is enough. This needs to be the draft where this changes :mad:
Like Tampa with Drouin, Conolly and Koekkoek. Most teams win by using a shotgun approach, not hitting home run after home run.

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
Like Tampa with Drouin, Conolly and Koekkoek. Most teams win by using a shotgun approach, not hitting home run after home run.

I get that but most teams I can think of have hit at least once in the past 10-15 years. The Habs on the other hand haven't drafted and developed an offensive superstar. I'm so sick of watching other teams in envy.

Reactions: Frank JT

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I get that but most teams I can think of have hit at least once in the past 10-15 years. The Habs on the other hand haven't drafted and developed an offensive superstar. I'm so sick of watching other teams in envy.
There’s no one we could of drafted when we were drafting that would of been an offensive superstar and trust me this fan base would go off the deep end if we were ever as bad as those teams that manage to draft the superstars you crave.

Reactions: larrypacman8167
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad