2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
When I get back from Korea I think I'm going to go ham with prospects this year. I want to go to the draft live so I'm going to put more effort into scouting compared to previous.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
When a draft is so loaded with Top End Talent as the 2020 Entry Draft will be, the NHL should forgo their Lottery the way it is currently IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:
All teams in the NHL should have the same odds one ball per team, thus precluding any type of tanking for position. As it stands right now it appears there will be 6 franchise type prospects while another 6 are very close with three more vying to be in that grouping also. The temptation to miss the playoffs is obvious with that type of possible payoff, the parity between teams so close losing one star player can knock teams out of the playoffs. The NHL should take this option out of contention by evening the odds for each team and denying teams the option of trading their 1st round pick for this draft until after the lottery is decided IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:Preferably holding the Lottery until the NHL season is completed after the SCC has been declared, thus adding to the luster of the Entry Draft week. This would mean every team would need to make their lists containing all the prospects available at the Combine etc. etc. etc. Giving no edge to any team. while creating great expectations for fans throughout all the NHL cities. What say Ye to that?:arr::arr::arr::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:Montreal would be absolutely abuzz with anticipation, the hopes of drafting Lafreniere or anyone of the top 15 picks for that matter, good for hockey and all the fans IMHO. The way it is now teams making the playoffs would feel penalized for having played a great season.

Last edited:

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Only saw Byfield once so far and he dominated the Barrie Colts by himself while one of the youngest on the ice. His skating seemed fine.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I watched him quite a bit: don't have #2-5 right now if I had to choose today. Skating meh.

I don’t think there’s a single person who has watched Byfield and come away thinking ‘meh skater,’ other than you apparently

Reactions: JeromeHP

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don’t think there’s a single person who has watched Byfield and come away thinking ‘meh skater,’ other than you apparently

Look at his 3 first steps, this is where there is a lot of room for improvement. After he goes, he can be fast and he's solid on his skates etc.

For him, the OHL won't test the 3 first steps speed (he has too much of a physical advantage over the mean OHLer), while the NHL will test it a lot.

And when I say something like this what I mean is: compared to Raymond and Lafreniere, Byfield needs to improve X. These are not weaknesses, these are "to beat X others player in the top 10 of the draft, that's the piece that if it was to improve would make hard to ignore".

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
This is going to be a weird draft for me as I am extremely familiar with the Ontario prospects. I may actually have to stay away from this thread due to knowing many of these kids and their families. I am not sure how unbiased and neutral I can remain with this class.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
if we can cash in, or in other words get luck, and steal away Lafreniere, we would have one of the best cores in the entire NHL, ready to compete for the Cup. I think this would be the year to get lucky. But meh it won't happen.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
This is going to be a weird draft for me as I am extremely familiar with the Ontario prospects. I may actually have to stay away from this thread due to knowing many of these kids and their families. I am not sure how unbiased and neutral I can remain with this class.
My plan for this year is to focus on one area and be the "expert" of that area, since I find we have so many global scouts on Habs boards without certain posters being region specific.
We already have a few WHL/BCHL/AJHL scouts, a few Q scouts, so I was thinking that I could take the OHL and really dive deep into the league.
This just makes me want to do it more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad