2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Yu Sato is quite the prospect.
Born in Japan, also has Russian citizenship, played in Russia for the 17-18 season.
Then moved to Finland for the 18-19 season.
Now Quebec just drafted him in the import draft, would be quite the trek for a player :laugh:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
no way do they keep all these picks, already have too many prospects so adding anything close to 12 next year could become a problem unless several are NCAA and Euros.

As of now,

1st
2nd (Hawks)
2nd
3rd
4th (Ducks)
4th (SJ)
4th (Jets)
4th
5th (panthers)
5th
6th
7th (hawks)

I would love for them to accumulate as many draft picks as possible. Always have the chance to trade a bunch for higher picks.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The habs need a homerun.

I mean look at Tampa Bay with Brayden Point and Nikita Kucherov with their 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Or Carolina with Sebastian Aho as their 2nd round pick.

Dallas with Jamie Benn and their 5th round pick.

Ottawa got Mark Stone with a 4th round pick.

Good players are available beyond the first round and I hope we can draft one. Having many picks give us higher chances.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Any of our players expendable for 1st round picks?

Get an unprotected 1st 2020 for a player we don't need and can be replaced. Like Colorado did... And try to make the playoffs.

Only chance at getting in the top 5 next year. I don't want to f***ing tank or be just outside of the playoffs. If we tank then go for last, don't finish 15th.
That's the most boring and least exciting scenario.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
The habs need a homerun.

I mean look at Tampa Bay with Brayden Point and Nikita Kucherov with their 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Or Carolina with Sebastian Aho as their 2nd round pick.

Dallas with Jamie Benn and their 5th round pick.

Ottawa got Mark Stone with a 4th round pick.

Good players are available beyond the first round and I hope we can draft one. Having many picks give us higher chances.
We had PK in the 2nd round also in 2007

Reactions: jaffy27

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We are definitely due for another lottery pick this year, probably at the tail end of the top ten.

We didn't improve the team at all, KK might take a step forward but outside of that, expect regression on the other players on the team since it's just not statistically possible for them all to match or exceed career highs again.

Reactions: atrud66

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
We are definitely due for another lottery pick this year, probably at the tail end of the top ten.

We didn't improve the team at all, KK might take a step forward but outside of that, expect regression on the other players on the team since it's just not statistically possible for them all to match or exceed career highs again.

You forget that Poehling will score more than 200 goals.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
One Anton Lundell please

Canadiens already have their top line center in Kotkaniemi.
Lundell is more 2nd line center which isn't bad thing

But also Byfield, Raymond, Holtz and Lafreniere are good picks.
I don't know what Canadiens are looking in 2020 draft but they have good options for sure.
As a panthers fan i want Lundell to Florida but if Canadiens really picks him i'll be fine with that.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010

We could be better this year then last year and still miss the playoffs, TB, Fla, Tor, Buf and Bos could end up ahead of us in the standings and that leaves us out in the cold.

It’s like it’s almost out of our hands, it’s how other teams do that will determine our fate.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Any of our players expendable for 1st round picks?

Get an unprotected 1st 2020 for a player we don't need and can be replaced. Like Colorado did... And try to make the playoffs.

Only chance at getting in the top 5 next year. I don't want to ****ing tank or be just outside of the playoffs. If we tank then go for last, don't finish 15th.
That's the most boring and least exciting scenario.

It's was pretty damn exciting this year when we drafted Cole Caufield tho lol

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oksentyk will come over and play in the OHL. Should be fun keeping an eye on him.

I moved it here so that some don't get confused and think he's a Hab prospect. It will be interesting to see how he does and if the Habs are interested in him.

Another guy that I liked from the OHL is Marco Rossi, so I hope to see a little of both.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Seriously guys this year is ****in lottery proof, we need to tank our balls off.

I feel with a top 5 pick (especially of this one's alleged calibre) we'll be set going forward. Just need that one real sure thing. I really really like our pool but there's still a lot of question marks on just about all of them.

Next year means nothing to me. 20-21 is when we're ready to do some damage.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I feel with a top 5 pick (especially of this one's alleged calibre) we'll be set going forward. Just need that one real sure thing. I really really like our pool but there's still a lot of question marks on just about all of them.

Next year means nothing to me. 20-21 is when we're ready to do some damage.

Outside of the obvious (Laf, the turbo twins etc.) I really like Cole Perfetti as an early favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->