2020 Entry Draft Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Hard to say. He was alright in the WJC and I think he is a similar talent to Ylonen. It's way to early to know. But projected top 6F in the NHL? NO, I agree on that at this point in time

TooLegitoquit.... well, he was at the right place at the right time on the goals he scored during the WJC...though, he never drives the play and is rarely involved in physical play...

Last edited:

jibbz

Mar 9, 2019
He has the guy playing for Frolunda right now, 8th. What a joke. I guess for Button it is better to score 2 pts per game in juniors.

Stutzle and Rossi are not better than Raymond, they have literally proven half of what Raymond has. Raymond was destroying his junior league at 16, one whole year ahead of these 2.

Uhhh Rossi literally set a new PPG record for a D-2 player in the Swiss U20 two years ago

Reactions: Andrei79

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Can't you just sign him at this stage? He was undrafted in the last draft right? How does that work? Is there a window where you have to sign undrafted players and if you don't, they go back in the draft?
The window is between the draft and the start of the junior season.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You said only Raymond has destroyed his junior league, but the other two have done the exact same in their respective junior leagues so your statement is objectively false

Yeah, Stutzle's numbers are very impressive. His team is strong, but he's earning that ppg and playing at their level. DEL has mostly 25-32 year old players with significant pro experience, many of them ex-ahl players and even NHL players. Stutzle regularly looks like the most skilled or the bunch. I really like this player.

Reactions: NoQuinn

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
You said only Raymond has destroyed his junior league, but the other two have done the exact same in their respective junior leagues so your statement is objectively false

Sure, I guess if you can make any assertion and prove it on stupid basis sure.

At this rate, Lafreniere is fast enough to reach the moon.

20% of Canadians kids would destroy german/swiss leagues (100s of kids every year)

Last edited:

pc_md

Jun 3, 2006
I'm impressed by Louis Crevier's progression. He had another strong game last night. I'm aware defensive defenseman are not popular on hfboards but his reaction time has greatly improved since the start of the season and the way he can hold the line makes him effective in the offensive zone. Nice combination of size and skating, strong first pass. Puck handling skills are above average although you are not going to see him deke anybody.

Reactions: Fenris and SOLR

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
At start of last night's game Ron Maclean said Lukas Cormier be a future Duncan Keith. Could be an interesting choice if we acquire another first pick.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Big buzz around Jérémie Poirier lately, but can you explain to me why his teammate William Villeneuve, a former second overall pick in the Q is not ranked as high as Poirier. Same age, similar height and weight, Villeneuve is only one point behind Poirier in the same number of games, but is +1, while Poirier is -18. Is it just because Poirier looks more flashy, more of a risk taker, while Villeneuve does not look as exciting, but is more responsible on the defensive side. I don't know. I am just asking because the numbers are in favor of Villeneuve and there is a big gap in the rankings between them.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone get to see much of Acadie-Bathurst this year? Just wondering about the Latvian Harijs Brants. I assume he goes undrafted this year but was wondering if there's something there or not to possible look at in '21 if the draft ends up being a weaker one.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
We have totally sucked drafting in Sweden. Collberg, DLR, they never live up to expectations.

That's almost like saying we shouldn't pick Lafreniere because we suck at picking from the Q.

We really need to stay top 10. The way I see it at the moment:

1: Lafreniere
2-3: Byfield/Stutzle
4-10: Raymond, Drysdale, Rossi, Perfetti, Holtz, Lundell, Askarov (would hope Askarov goes in front of us)

After that you get into the Gunler, Zary, Holloway, Mercer area. Who knows, one of these guys could end up a top 5 player in the draft but I don't trust the Habs would be the team to get the right one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad