2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
See that's where I jump on the Connor Zary train. He's a center who plays in all situations. He's gonna be the steal of this draft

We should be looking at exactly that range. Rossi, Lundell, all of them may be gone and we'd still have the chance of drafting a proper center.

Holloway (?), Zary, Lapierre, others are there. Need to scout the living hell out of all of them.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
With what Buch brings I’m not going to worry. If the pick busts, he busts. But the Rangers have a solid draft history so I’m not worried. I’m gambling on upside. Playing it safe gets you disappointing endings.

Never said anything about playing it safe. I'm just saying Buch shouldn't be move for just draft picks. They need someone to be able to take Buch's spot along in a trade, which in point wouldn't get you No. 8 and a top 6 forward. Buch means more to NYR, ATM.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Do not I repeat do not take Drysdale. We have enough dmen in the system. This draft needs to be about getting a center unless of course we land number 1 overall. I'm just not as sold on Lundell as others though.

Well, I mean, it depends on the spot and who is left. Drysdale is the best defenseman of this class by a long shot. It would only further deepen the depth NYR has.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
See that's where I jump on the Connor Zary train. He's a center who plays in all situations. He's gonna be the steal of this draft

I wouldn't necessarily call him THE steal of the draft (I think that's in Gunler's hands, right now), but I think a lot are underrating him. Think he goes mid-teens, ATM.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
We should be looking at exactly that range. Rossi, Lundell, all of them may be gone and we'd still have the chance of drafting a proper center.

Holloway (?), Zary, Lapierre, others are there. Need to scout the living hell out of all of them.

Don't like Lapierre that high at all!!

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I'd still take Byfield over him. I was 100% on the Byfield train early on now not so much. I'd honestly love if we could get Rossi somehow.
The 2014 draft you could make an argument that Brayden Point is a top 3 player of that draft, when all is said and done Rossi could be in the same boat. Obviously he's still pretty high on most boards but I think if he wasn't undersized he would have a huge amount of hype around him. I'd love to see him slip to the Rangers

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Don't like Lapierre that high at all!!

Thoughts on Perfetti? Hockey Prospects Radio was gushing over him, especially his shot and IQ. They also love the strides he took in improving his skating. But, they claim he’s the type to slow the game down to his pace, as opposed to doing everything at a higher pace,

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Thoughts on Perfetti? Hockey Prospects Radio was gushing over him, especially his shot and IQ. They also love the strides he took in improving his skating. But, they claim he’s the type to slow the game down to his pace, as opposed to doing everything at a higher pace,

I like him but he's projecting to be a left wing at the nhl level. If we can somehow get Newhook at the deadline I'm all for getting a winger. Who knows maybe he proves everyone wrong and becomes a center.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The 2014 draft you could make an argument that Brayden Point is a top 3 player of that draft, when all is said and done Rossi could be in the same boat. Obviously he's still pretty high on most boards but I think if he wasn't undersized he would have a huge amount of hype around him. I'd love to see him slip to the Rangers

The difference between Rossi and Point, boiled down to a single attribute, is skating. Rossi is merely "OK" whereas Point is very, very good.

However, when Point was in juniors (and post-draft), he went from a fairly average skater to a pretty damn exceptional one with training. If Rossi can make that same jump, he can be an elite player in this league.

I know we all use Barb Underhill as a bit of a fun joke from years back, but she transformed Point's skating. If Rossi works with her or someone similar, look out. But then again, guys like Point are the exception and not the norm.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Easy top 10 pick who has a chance to be a first line contributor at the NHL level.

I personally like him better as a LW, I think it maximizes his strengths (shot, IQ, nose for the net), while minimizing his weaknesses (agility, size/strength, defensive awareness).

Reactions: Joey Bones

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Byfield will go 3 if Detroit falls to 2. I see them taking Stuzle.

This is one area where I have a different take than some observers.

Personally, I think the gap between Lafreniere and Byfield is actually closer than it was between Hughes and Kakko last season --- especially when you consider they are 10 months apart.

Stuzle is a sexy pick who belongs at the top of this draft. But there's quite a bit of division on where exactly he belongs.

No one doubts the skills --- it's some of the other areas, and how he may apply said skills that causes some debate.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
If we get 2nd overall, go with Stützle or Byfield. At 4, Holtz over Raymond.

We are probably picking around 10-12 and I think the odds are good for their to be a good forward available at that range. Rossi, Perfetti, Zary or someone like that. Maybe Mysak. There are many guys I've not seen play much, I am sure there are a few others around that level.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We are probably picking around 10-12 and I think the odds are good for their to be a good forward available at that range. Rossi, Perfetti, Zary or someone like that. Maybe Mysak. There are many guys I've not seen play much, I am sure there are a few others around that level.

I am zoning on on the WHL/OHL guys now in that top-10 projection. With our need for forwards, anyone but Drysdale sounds good to me

Reactions: Ola

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
This is one area where I have a different take than some observers.

Personally, I think the gap between Lafreniere and Byfield is actually closer than it was between Hughes and Kakko last season --- especially when you consider they are 10 months apart.

Stuzle is a sexy pick who belongs at the top of this draft. But there's quite a bit of division on where exactly he belongs.

No one doubts the skills --- it's some of the other areas, and how he may apply said skills that causes some debate.

Detroit shocked everyone by drafting Seider last year, if they dont get Lafreniere I could see hem going for Stulze who is his biddy ans could play anywhere

Unfortunately I cant see Rossi falling that low. Im thinking he goes 5-7, 9 lowest

Reactions: Joey Bones and Ola

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Detroit shocked everyone by drafting Seider last year, if they dont get Lafreniere I could see hem going for Stulze who is his biddy ans could play anywhere

Unfortunately I cant see Rossi falling that low. Im thinking he goes 5-7, 9 lowest

I definitely think this draft could be all over the place.

I have my list, but I'm under no illusions that it is reflective of what you'll find elsewhere. It's going to be crazy to watch.

Reactions: Joey Bones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad