2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Let's hope it drops all the way to wherever the Rangers pick.

His size/skill combination is unique, and don't forget he's among the youngest in his draft class. He's less than 2 months shy of a year younger than Lafreniere.

Understandable. Unfortunately I only see him dropping 1 spot and thats if and only if Detroit gets pick 2. Stevie Y is very high on German players(He drafted Seider much higher than anyone thought last year) and has made a few trips to Germany to watch Stuzle play. If we get the 3 and Detroit has the 2 by all means take Byfield. However if we have the 3 and Byfield goes 2, I take Rossi at 3. Call me crazy but this kid is gonna be very good at the NHL level, people complain about his size, but the few times I watched him this year he was so much smarter than anyone out there.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone think we might take a gamble on Justin Barron if Carolina makes a deep run? At say 25/26 do you think he is good value having missed most of the season due to injury? Also at 14/15 I would love Zary or Gunler. If we slip into the top10 get me any of the centers, most realistic would be Perfetti I guess. I would like to go C then W, but I can see us going with a Dman later if we like someone. Ideal realistic scenario for me is Perfetti/Mysak.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I suspect if the Rangers have a pick in the 11-15 range, and he's still on the board, Sanderson might be their guy.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Even moreso than targeting Lundell?

That's a very good question and one that I don't have a great answer for.

If I had to guess, right now, I feel they likely have Lundell higher and view him as a slightly higher top 10 pick. But I think Sanderson might be damn close for them.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
That's a very good question and one that I don't have a great answer for.

If I had to guess, right now, I feel they likely have Lundell higher and view him as a top 10 pick. But I think Sanderson might be damn close for them.

Do they see Sanderson as a potential top-pairing LD?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Do they see Sanderson as a potential top-pairing LD?

Yes, I definitely get that vibe from the Rangers.

There's more mixed reactions around other parts of the league, but the Rangers love the progress and the potential.

I can certainly "get" what they're envisioning. Sanderson isn't necessarily a kid who you draft because you think he's necessarily had the best results to this point. He's a kid you draft because you feel he's closing the gap and is going to surpass some of the other talents.

I think people get caught up expecting more point totals from him --- and I think some of those numbers could come with time. But I also think Sanderson isn't necessarily an offensive numbers guy. I think his speed steers certain opinions in that direction and influences opinions, but I don't know if he'll ever be a guy who wows you with offensive numbers.

What some people do believe he can be, is a guy in the Bouwmeester mold. In addition to potentially being the best player on the board when the Rangers pick, it could also be a scenario where you have a player who is an ideal fit for the way the team is structured.

But it all depends on where the Rangers are picking. If they're in that 8-12 range, he could be their guy. If they are picking in the late teens and beyond, he'll be off the board.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
this place will lose its mind if we use our top pick on another LHD...I look forward to it.

Right now, I think Sanderson might be the only LHD they'd consider with a high pick. But again, it depends on where said pick is and who is on the board. So I'm hesitant to get too far down this rabbit hole until we know where our picks actually are.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Me shitting on Sanderson as a potential top 10 pick a month ago and then the Rangers picking him in that range would be funny

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Right now, I think Sanderson might be the only LHD they'd consider with a high pick. But again, it depends on where said pick is and who is on the board. So I'm hesitant to get too far down this rabbit hole until we know where our picks actually are.

kidding aside about our need for forwards...same thing was said last year and I still really like the Robertson pick. And if Sanderson becomes a legit #1 then trust me no one will be complaining when that happens.

Reactions: Joey Bones and jas

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Displeased.

But them being right and getting a stud is more important than pleasing me.

But man, we need forwards.

Again, depends on where we're picking. I'd say I'm flexible at this point, mainly because we're so far out from knowing our final draft position(s).

Right now we're at 14 and 20. But just about anything from 10 to the mid-20s is reasonably in play.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I actually don't have an issue with Sanderson at all. And if he ends up being as good as people project, you just move another LD prospect for a forward

It's all good

Reactions: Joey Bones and jas

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Let's just go with the Tankathon rankings right now to make things easier. I know they aren't the final word on anything, but just work with me.

If nothing changed, and the Rangers picked 14th and 20th, I could see the picks being Sanderson at 14 and Mysak at 20.

Other names I know they like (not that it means they are the pick) include Zary, Smilanic and Holloway.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
kidding aside about our need for forwards...same thing was said last year and I still really like the Robertson pick. And if Sanderson becomes a legit #1 then trust me no one will be complaining when that happens.

Robertson SCREAMS to me the type of LD that fits our roster. I could see him very easily sliding next to literally any of our RDs, including Lundkvist.

With Keane gone, he's the guy who's at the top of my list for "keep an eye on this kid."

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Let's just go with the Tankathon rankings right now to make things easier. I know they aren't the final word on anything, but just work with me.

If nothing changed, and the Rangers picked 14th and 20th, I could see the picks being Sanderson at 14 and Mysak at 20.

Other names I know they like (not that it means they are the pick) include Zary, Smilanic and Holloway.
That's a great first round considering where they're picking

Unfortunately, Mysak is going to rise leading up to the draft. Now that people are paying attention to him because he's playing in the OHL, his stock will shoot up

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That's a great first round considering where they're picking

Unfortunately, Mysak is going to rise leading up to the draft. Now that people are paying attention to him because he's playing in the OHL, his stock will shoot up

And other guys might fall as a result, so that's why it's really hard to pin down names at this point.

Holloway is another kid I really like, though not necessarily as a top 10 pick. But I could take him in the mid-teens, or at 20 is he was there.

Not unlike last year, we're going to enter the part of the season where you start hearing comments about how certain players "can't possibly not be a top 10 or top 15 pick", despite the fact that there's only so many slots to go around. That's how you get an Alex Newhook sliding to 18. So it will be interesting to see what names pop up this spring.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Displeased.

But them being right and getting a stud is more important than pleasing me.

But man, we need forwards.

Well, we need a center to play behind Zibanejad, but it's obvious that we have a glaring hole on the left side of our defense. And I don't see Miller filling that gap, at least not the top spot

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Well, we need a center to play behind Zibanejad, but it's obvious that we have a glaring hole on the left side of our defense. And I don't see Miller filling that gap, at least not the top spot

I guess, but a big part of me wants to be all-in on a future defense core of DeAngelo, Trouba, Fox, Lundkvist, Miller, and Lindgren/Robertson.

Just teach one of the righties to play off side. Just one of them! Someone has to be able to figure it out.

That's a sick looking group.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad