GDT: 2020 Draft Lottery Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I
I watched it 10 times in slow mo when she says push the button he pressed it allowing the ball to be selected the leafs ball slides in hits the edge of the tube bounces back down then the ranger ball slides in we were sooooo closeeee
know.
I know. That thang hard calculated sire. A sucka can do that nowadays. Its hard, but its doable. :clap:

We deserve great trades and great general manageering during this autumn time mayne. Like imagine that, that's what we DESERVE. We love this game, but we deserve THAT cause of our personel in command & conquer.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I
I watched it 10 times in slow mo when she says push the button he pressed it allowing the ball to be selected the leafs ball slides in hits the edge of the tube bounces back down then the ranger ball slides in we were sooooo closeeee
know.
I know. That thang hard calculated sire. A sucka can do that nowadays. Its hard, but its doable. :clap:

We deserve great trades and great general manageering during this autumn time mayne. Like imagine that, that's what we DESERVE. We love this game, but we deserve THAT cause of our personel in command & conquer.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I
know.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I'm still a Dubas supporter, but people aren't talking enough about what an error it was to not make that first conditional on our terms. We literally gave up a first for a team with cap space to take a player with one year left; you can't tell me we didn't have the leverage to protect it entirely on the off-chance we missed the playoffs... and here we are. Yikes

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I'm still a Dubas supporter, but people aren't talking enough about what an error it was to not make that first conditional on our terms. We literally gave up a first for a team with cap space to take a player with one year left; you can't tell me we didn't have the leverage to protect it entirely on the off-chance we missed the playoffs... and here we are. Yikes

13th overall to get rid of Marleau. Brutal. Almost as bad as the Kadri trade.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
That’s pretty much the ending that we all know would happen. Could be worse, a few more upset and the pick could be 11th overall

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
What a great end to the season. Don’t care about that 1st OA. That would of been a bonus. The 13th overall pick to dump Marleau is awful. I hate that Dubas will keep getting the benefit of the doubt and he’ll likely get another offseason to work his magic.

Reactions: rumman

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Giving up Kadri and the 13th overall pick and not even making the playoffs stings.

I don't think Dubas will be able to redeem himself.
These were the results the last two times Toronto had the 13th overall pick.

2006: They selected Jiri Tulisty and passed on Claude Giroux.

2007: John Ferguson Jr traded the pick to San Jose for Vesa Toskala and the Sharks traded up with the Blues to select Logan Couture.

Reactions: Devonator

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I suppose we could always offer up Marner for the 1st overall and change and see what plays out.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Ouch. Dubas gives up the 13th pick for nothing, Benning gives up a bottom 10 pick for a player on pace for over 90 points. Dubas needs to be fired.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If I was to describe this season it would be a flaming rubbish tin, in a skip on a landfill :laugh:

What a dumpster fire of a season

Reactions: Buds17

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
These servers are awful my God.

In any case, with our loss in the draft lottery that ends our season officially. No first round pick, one second round pick, then a bunch of darts to throw at the board afterwards. I don't want this team to trade another first round pick for the foreseeable future. The depth of this roster needs good and cheap talent and we can't achieve that if we keep blowing our draft picks in futile attempts to "compete now" when this roster as currently constructed can't or won't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad