GDT: 2020 Draft Lottery Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
When Nonis lost the entire 2nd line and got no assets back, I said it put us back 3 years (I was right and anyone can find the post). This is about the same or worse possibly because the overpays.
Marner is overpaid by 1 mil which is easily made up by a great value contract like Spezza's. It's a wash, dude. Been hearing the same thing from you for almost a year now.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Marner is overpaid by 1 mil which is easily made up by a great value contract like Spezza's. It's a wash, dude. Been hearing the same thing from you for almost a year now.

Nylander 6.3m Marner 7.5 - 8m tops is what should have been, even if it means bridge. There is no such thing as a wash when one contract is for a year and the other for 6 years.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Just like with McDavid, when we lose the lottery it's close so we can get some hurt out of it

It's the Leafs way
The McDavid lottery was worse because going into the final ball drawing Toronto had the best odds and according to this article from the Toronto Star, a #1 ball was about to be drawn giving Toronto the 1st pick and it got knocked away by a #2 ball for the Oilers.

NHL lottery: Leafs were bounce away from McDavid

How the Maple Leafs almost got Connor McDavid - Sportsnet.ca

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Nylander 6.3m Marner 7.5 - 8m tops is what should have been, even if it means bridge. There is no such thing as a wash when one contract is for a year and the other for 6 years.
You assessments are what you wanted, which isn't reality. The big, longterm lontracts always hurt more than you expect until 2 or 3 years down the road.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You can bash Dubas for making the trade he did to get rid of Marleau.

However he was put into that position because of Lou Lamoriello who was their GM that thought it was a good idea to give Marleau 3 years and $6.25 million AAV.
Marleau was a great addition 3 years ago. He helped Matthews and Marner become better pros. JT was signed after that as well as Nylander, Matthews and Marner contracts.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Marleau was a great addition 3 years ago. He helped Matthews and Marner become better pros. JT was signed after that as well as Nylander, Matthews and Marner contracts.
Marleau also proved how he was selfish in not considering a possible trade to the Kings because he was hell bent on returning to San Jose.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
true that but I just can't stand watching the hair model doing everything in his power to avoid any contact so not to mess it up
dw he seems to be balding pretty hard. Maybe in a few years he'll have nothing to worry about. Losing aesthetics can really change a man (take it from me).

Reactions: Cobra777

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
so which of the Big 4 auditing firms oversaw the lottery this time? I think last time it was Ernst & Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->