Proposal: 2020 Draft Battle Plan

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I like Pulock a lot.
I like that he's been learning from Boychuk, too.
At even strength Pulock went 7-20-27 in 68 games.
I would not rate Hronek as better.

I think it speaks to our lack of offensive catalyst/playmaker anywhere near the level of Barzal. I like Hronek, Mantha, Larkin, Bertuzzi as much as the next guy and think they are excellent players but none of them stir the offensive drink like Barzal can. If we find a way to add a slick playmaker all of these guys look and perform that much better.

Bit of a tangent now but the reason I don’t want to trade any of these guys is I feel it’s an un-winnable trade for us. As soon as any of them get in a better system with a competent playmaker they will thrive as quality two way players with excellent offence. We just lack playmakers capable of unlocking their true potential.

Part of the reason I like Raymond is with his skating, skill and IQ I think he can be a playmaker to help these guys. Perfetti could have a similar impact with his skill and IQ. To a lesser extent I like Drysdale, although I see him more as the same in the sense that he won’t be a true offensive catalyst but a very good player none the less.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Different players.... But I'd prefer to keep the 22 year old defenseman already showing he can put up .5 PPG.

23 and 26 entering next season.

Is it really debatable which guy is better defensively? Hronek should keep getting better. I am a huge Pulock fan though. Plus I think Hronek nets us a nice player.

It is an option I would explore. Not a must, but intrigued for sure if he is available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad