Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Clearly I lost the plot in our discussions and missed what you were communicating. My apology for that - I was really fixated on PTO vs. the ATO which is as you have stated is a valid option for Holloway. I'm most interested in whether Holloway opts to go pro (or not) this year. The contractual way he does that isn't really of interest to me. That clearly shows in missing your valid points! I missed the mark.
All good. I’m thinking he turns pro after this season. Not sure he’d have much to gain by spending another in Wisconsin.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It would be a ton of pressure on him but he's probably the best equipped player in our org for that assignment.

The college league is a long way from the NHL but you get the feeling that this guy has a work ethic that has no fear.

Really, if you look at the Oilers: Mc-D, Drai, RNH (assuming he stays), Puls and Yams--I could see Holloway being the 6th best forward on the club in relatively short order.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The college league is a long way from the NHL but you get the feeling that this guy has a work ethic that has no fear.

Really, if you look at the Oilers: Mc-D, Drai, RNH (assuming he stays), Puls and Yams--I could see him being the 6th best forward on the club in relatively short order.

It most definitely is and I don't mean that he will set the league ablaze. But he is defensively responsible, solid on draws and goes to the dirty areas. As long as you expect him to be the 3rd wheel offensively on that line IMO he should fit in pretty well.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It most definitely is and I don't mean that he will set the league ablaze. But he is defensively responsible, solid on draws and goes to the dirty areas. As long as you expect him to be the 3rd wheel offensively on that line IMO he should fit in pretty well.

Yes, I think the "waiver wire" and "taxi squad" stories from this season tell us a lot as to how much talent there is behind the top 5 and the rest of the league seems to agree. No rush to claim these guys even with teams that have cap space.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yes, I think the "waiver wire" and "taxi squad" stories from this season tell us a lot as to how much talent there is behind the top 5 and the rest of the league seems to agree. No rush to claim these guys even with teams that have cap space.

Honest question, if we waived Turris or even Kahun, would anyone claim them? We know that Chiasson, Khaira (at the time at least) and Ennis got no nibbles.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I honestly don't think anyone is going to pick up the Turris contract with the extra year attached but I think Kahun would be gone.

I would tend to agree, but it wouldn't blow my mind if Kahun cleared. Of our bottom 6 guys, only Archibald and Khaira (given his recent play) would get claimed at the moment IMO. The rest are either overpaid or just not playing very well.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Honest question, if we waived Turris or even Kahun, would anyone claim them? We know that Chiasson, Khaira (at the time at least) and Ennis got no nibbles.
Kahun has actually been good though. He deserves a chance on the Mcdavid line simply for the fact RNH is just become a nothing on that line and Kahun digs for pucks like Yammamoto.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I think the only upside Turris has had thus far is his faceoff prowess? Too lazy to look his #'s up. I wish we found out he was out of hape or dinged up TBH. I expected him to be half a step faster for a 3C role.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Yeah that was a beaut inside the bar.

Cole got the benefit of Holloway in the middle for a shift to end the period. Something to keep an eye on for the rest of the game.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
man, his forechecking and physical play alone would help a lot - JP and Holloway dig for pucks and mcdavid just waits for loose pucks

Holloway-McDavid-Pulju would be the fastest and likely one of the best forechecking lines in hockey.

Those two play a style of game that matches McDavids style of winger best. Not to mention Holloway can do some heavy lifting defensively or in the faceoff circle as needed. Although, McDavid has really improved in that area this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad