2020 Champions League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
At this point if your team out you’ve gotta cheering for Atalanta.

No?
Atalanta or Lyon.
I'm with PSG and Lyon for obvious reasons, but I'm firmly against all the other teams other than those 2 and Atalanta.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Atalanta or Lyon winning would both be a great story and hilarious if they won a CL title before the giants in their leagues did.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Maybe he had the statement saved from 2015 and just accidentally said it now?

Hoeness criticized ter-Stegen less than a year ago, so I think this is orchestrated by the Bayer hierarchy. They are extremely protective over Neuer's legacy. I get it, but it's delusional. It's not even a storyline if he says they are both world class. Neuer probably isn't world class anymore, but no one cares enough to pick that fight considering his career. When you deliberately go out of your way to criticize ter-Stegen, you are going to receive pushback.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Atalanta or Lyon winning would both be a great story and hilarious if they won a CL title before the giants in their leagues did.
Well, at least the odds for a first time winner are strong. Only two winners still in it and one of them is going to knock the other one out.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well, at least the odds for a first time winner are strong. Only two winners still in it and one of them is going to knock the other one out.
Yea but no one wants to see Manchester City or PSG win.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
At this point if your team out you’ve gotta cheering for Atalanta.

No?
I think it's highly unlikely for Atalanta to get by PSG. It would be a massive, massive upset. Atalanta has played well in Serie A but they are just so far behind PSG in terms of talent and their approach will likely hurt them more than help (I think back to City's 5-1 win over Atalanta earlier in the CL).

I'm rooting for Lyon, though I wouldn't be upset if Bayern won it as well because of Davies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I have this Atalanta/PSG matchup as 50/50.
Atalanta is highly underrated on this site. One of the best attacking teams in Europe.
PSG have 2 very bad competitive games under their belt in 4 months.
Atalanta is missing Ilicic and their goalie. PSG are missing : Mbappe, Verratti (who was the main key to escape Atalanta's pressing), Di Maria as important starters and have players like Bernat and Kehrer not having played AT ALL for 4 months. 3 starters out (and 3 of the most important ones) and 2 starting players who are basically still on holidays and nursing an injury, that seems like a lot to overcome.

Reactions: gary69

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ander Herrera will replace Verratti in the lineup. Kehrer and Bernat will start without having played a competitive game in 4 months. Marqui in midfield, Thiago Silva/Kimpembe at CB and Mbappe on the bench, maybe for a late appearance if the match isn't turning right.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Hoeness criticized ter-Stegen less than a year ago, so I think this is orchestrated by the Bayer hierarchy. They are extremely protective over Neuer's legacy. I get it, but it's delusional. It's not even a storyline if he says they are both world class. Neuer probably isn't world class anymore, but no one cares enough to pick that fight considering his career. When you deliberately go out of your way to criticize ter-Stegen, you are going to receive pushback.

Ter Stegen's problem is that most people in Germany don't see him play regularly, so their opinion of him is strongly biased towards the view established early in his career - talented but not 100% reliable.

It's a huge risk for goalkeepers in particular to leave the BuLi because of that factor. Out of sight, out of mind. Going to Barca allowed him to play in a CL final etc. but his standing in Germany would probably be greater if he had been with Dortmund that whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad