• PSG

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I guess that makes Kingsley Coman a better player than Neymar

What an odd comparison. It's not like Neuer has been an OK goalkeeper the last years. Ter Stegen may well be top 10-15 in the world, but you don't look that bad in a high leverage game to claim the throne. Ter Stegen will never be Germany's starter as long as Neuer is healthy and active, and no-one outside Barca fanboys will consider it a bad choice.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
What an odd comparison. It's not like Neuer has been an OK goalkeeper the last years. Ter Stegen may well be top 10-15 in the world, but you don't look that bad in a high leverage game to claim the throne. Ter Stegen will never be Germany's starter as long as Neuer is healthy and active, and no-one outside Barca fanboys will consider it a bad choice.

That worked out fine for them in Russia

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Doesn't mean it's the correct choice.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
No one really saw Pele play on a consistent basis as well as other great players before the TV Era, so it is hard to compare. But Neuer is the best goalie I've ever seen and Messi is the best player.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
LOL Yeah true remember that one time in the world cup where Ter Stegan was trash. Fun how no one made a peep on MAtS the second he played a bad game he's top 10... piss on that. Neuer can play until he's 80 for Germany. Couldn't care less.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
As for the game it clearly went down to who actually ended up finishing their chances. Both teams had their fair share and could've easily won. It wasn't the thriller I envisioned since I expected more goals but it was basically 50/50 and on another day Mpabbe/Neymar could've scored quite easily.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Last thing is Barca are a complete joke. Thiago rocked this game and just in general. Do they go after him for peanuts and flip Arthur or get the Corona guy. Loones. Liverpool are going to enjoy him, I look forward to hearing how many LFc fans claim they made him.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Last thing is Barca are a complete joke. Thiago rocked this game and just in general. Do they go after him for peanuts and flip Arthur or get the Corona guy. Loones. Liverpool are going to enjoy him, I look forward to hearing how many LFc fans claim they made him.
Living rent free in your head.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not at all...I generally get along with y'all and have the respect a lot of respect for the club. It's just funny to see.
Yeah but I mean...you're whining about something that likely nobody was ever going to think or say, before an elite player who has already won everything with Bayern has even moved there (which there's still no guarantee, though I hope to god it's true).

Though in general I agree with something you've said many times in the past. Losing Thiago, when all he wanted to do at the time was play for Barca, was a massive whiff by them and one of the bigger mistakes made early in their downward spiral.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah but I mean...you're whining about something that likely nobody was ever going to think or say, before an elite player who has already won everything with Bayern has even moved there (which there's still no guarantee, though I hope to god it's true).

Though in general I agree with something you've said many times in the past. Losing Thiago, when all he wanted to do at the time was play for Barca, was a massive whiff by them and one of the bigger mistakes made early in their downward spiral.
Whining? Definitely not I would in fact love to see it because I enjoy laughing. It's definitely a thing Suarez,VVD,Allisson Salah etc.

Meh he left but he should've been targeted now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Whining? Definitely not I would in fact love to see it because I enjoy laughing. It's definitely a thing Suarez,VVD,Allisson Salah etc.

Meh he left but he should've been targeted now.
I mean, aside from Salah's transformation under Klopp I don't see many people arguing that Liverpool made those players. Suarez became a lot more refined at Liverpool but that was going to happen regardless of where he played IMO. I remember calling VvD a top 5 CB in the world when Liverpool bought him and was berated for it. He was definitely not made at Liverpool. Alisson was...already a top keeper with Roma which is why Liverpool paid so much so again...

Well if the rumours are to be believed he only wants to play for Liverpool and Klopp so not much use in targeting him now especially in the state they're in.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean, aside from Salah's transformation under Klopp I don't see many people arguing that Liverpool made those players. Suarez became a lot more refined at Liverpool but that was going to happen regardless of where he played IMO. I remember calling VvD a top 5 CB in the world when Liverpool bought him and was berated for it. He was definitely not made at Liverpool. Alisson was...already a top keeper with Roma which is why Liverpool paid so much so again...

Well if the rumours are to be believed he only wants to play for Liverpool and Klopp so not much use in targeting him now especially in the state they're in.
On this very board VVD/Alisson were discussed. I mean you maybe had them pegged but you don't speak for millions of fans.I'm just calling it like I see it.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
On this very board VVD/Alisson were discussed. I mean you maybe had them pegged but you don't speak for millions of fans.I'm just calling it like I see it.
It is hard to see players over 25 as made by a team.

Players can play and develop better under a specific coach. But let's get real VVD and Alisson were record purchase by the club there is no way you could claim they were made by Liverpool. Now thinking about it, nobody can claim they made any of their player.. all players are self made. Even TAA who has been with LFC from the academy. He made himself the player that he is now.

The only arguments is elevating their game/potential... now I could definitely see people say that about LFC players: Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Robertson although they were all great players they all reached another level under Klopp.

Sidenote: I remember that Baxter poster making fun of LFC fans for the purchase VVD and telling us how he was not even a top 10 CB in the premier league and that paying £75M for him was crimimal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad