Votes: 43 76.8%
  • PSG

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The reactions here crack me up sometimes. I think people don't realize that an attacker playing well in these finals is brutally difficult. When there's a brick wall in goal it's even harder. We've seen that now three CL finals in a row.

Neuer doesn't get the credit. Some think he's washed. Clearly better than Ter.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
This is true. Adrian and Oblak ruined the entire competition this season.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also, the last time someone actually scored an attacking goal in the CL final was in 2018, and there was only one. Its been that long since a defense got cleaved open at this level. It's hard.

member 305909

I guess the CL is becoming even more important because European leagues have become boring with teams like Bayern and Juventus winning their leagues 7 times in a row.

Would an American-style salary cap be used in European football or is that a totally unrealistic idea?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Would an American-style salary cap be used in European football or is that a totally unrealistic idea?

Don’t see how it would work honestly, UEFA is approx 53 leagues, you can’t enforce the same rules in EPL as the San Marino league. Plus I read a salary cap is illegal in EU labor laws?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Late on my thoughts because the kids were going crazy right after the game (because they’re crazy, not because of the game).

I think the better team on the day won, but it certainly wasn’t a domination.

Neymar was extremely poor and I struggle to blame anyone but him for that. It didn’t seem like Bayern did anything really special to shit him down. Mbappe wasn’t much better.

PSG didn’t seem ready to use their deadliest weapon (speed against the high line), the midfield played alright, but weren’t at all looking to play long balls quickly.

Bayern’s front line wasn’t amazing either, although they weren’t poor.

Davies played well, especially given what he was asked to do. Basically got zero defensive help on the midfield or winger on his side and had to play next to the worst CB on the pitch. He struggled a bit going forward, but I also saw a ton of passes to him that were way too high and he was stuck trying to jump up on the sideline to keep it down which prevented him from moving forward with pace when there was an opening.

Game would have been a lot different if either side had taken their chances.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
yep

I would like to see a salary cap but as you said it’s unrealistic

There’s really not a sensible way to implement it.

Revenue is so dramatically different between the various leagues that you could never have a consistent cap across them.

Even inside a single league, it’s hard given the massive wealth disparities between clubs and the already fairly high level of revenue sharing going on in most of them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm sad for Thiago Silva. IMO the best CB of his generation. It would have been great to see him finish on this trophy as a captain.
Wasn't meant to be.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
This is so dumb. Look at the players he plays with for Poland. How the f*** is this guy supposed to score. He's somehow still scored a lot on a team with nobody who can create anything.
Plus, he’s done much better in the second part of his international career.

42 goals in his last 53 appearances since 2014 is a great international strike rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad