WJC: 2020 Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
It's still early here folks. The real measuring stick game will be against Finland. This is the first real game these guys have played together, it's not always going the be the same chemistry as Domi-Duclair-Reinhart right on the bat. The U Sports games have so many moving parts and so many different line combos, it's tough to develop noticeable chemistry. It's going to take a few periods and failed PP attempts to put all together

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
I think the Wrecking Bahl’s going to end up being the 7th D. His skating is going to be an issue against the big boys. The Dry Guy and Addison loving the big ice.
I agree. I get why they brought him along; there's no one else back there that offers his size. But I think as the tourney goes deeper, his ice time starts to get cut.
I was surprised how much they seem to be prioritizing the big bodies up front as well. It seems like we still haven't learned our lesson about speed on the big ice.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I like what I saw from that Cozens line. 3 linebackers out there.

Crazy when they were talking abour Cozens being the smallest on that line at 6'3. Plus 2 of them are elite skaters. That line is going to overwhelm some of the European teams if they stay together.

Hayton is a turnover machine.

Didnt love him at the last tournament but thought he was kinda forced into a role he wasnt ready for last year. Hogged the puck a lot. This game hes turning it over a bit but I really dont like how every PP he'll hold it on the half wall for 3 seconds then walk out and just take a shot while the goalie is set looking right at him. Lots of talent on that PP, he doesnt need to do that

Akil Thomas just isn't doing enough. His foot speed seems to be an issue and he's lacking some drive.

Definitely a candidate to be cut

Yeah I was surprised a little when Mackenzie was talking about him being on the bubble but I would be very surprised after watching today if Mercer is cut over him.

Reactions: LFCTML and DJB

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
I agree. I get why they brought him along; there's no one else back there that offers his size. But I think as the tourney goes deeper, his ice time starts to get cut.
I was surprised how much they seem to be prioritizing the big bodies up front as well. It seems like we still haven't learned our lesson about speed on the big ice.

Well said. I think it happens about halfway through the 1st against the Americans though. Reminds me of Jeff Ware in ‘97.

Reactions: LFCTML

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
I feel like Hunter built this team somewhat for the smaller rink and yet we are playing on the big rink.

Really limits the physical play
I get that big ice changes things, but from what I was seeing, we would lay up on bumps etc. Especially along the boards

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Is it just me or does Canada look like we are playing a game of non contact hockey?

Thank you
I have been getting too negative with posts because I am expecting more, I need to be more patient, the forwards are playing like they know who the cut is
The waving of sticks is driving me nuts. Has our game changed over the years or what

tfantasy

Pirate of Bengal
Jun 1, 2008
Is it just me or does Canada look like we are playing a game of non contact hockey?
I don't think I saw a single bodycheck until the third period. Pretty boring game. Liked what I saw from Foudy (this coming from the guy who said Foudy wouldn't even make it) I thought Drysdale looked good as well. That line with Dellaandrea, Foudy and Dudas looked the best though. I think Akil Thomas will be sent home and we'll keep Mercer and Groulx. Thought both goalies looked good

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
I don't think I saw a single bodycheck until the third period. Pretty boring game. Liked what I saw from Foudy (this coming from the guy who said Foudy wouldn't even make it) I thought Drysdale looked good as well. That line with Dellaandrea, Foudy and Dudas looked the best though. I think Akil Thomas will be sent home and we'll keep Mercer and Groulx. Thought both goalies looked good
I agree

Thought Addison looked good too. Him and Drysdale were really the only ones that impressed me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad