WJC: 2020 Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Well either way, it’s good to get a complete list of those unable to attend. There’s usually a thread about it each year, but the losses are relatively minor this year.
I guess I just think there is a pretty important distinction between available and injured...and just not available because they weren't released. Don't think the two things are the same.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I was only talking about players who aren't available due to the NHL. Once you start getting into injuries it is much more complicated, as you don't always know who actually would have made a given team had they been healthy. I have a thread detailing the players who have missed the tournament due to the NHL since 1982 that I will update in a few days.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
I think this is it. Pretty minor crop really:

Canada: Dobson, Dach
Sweden: Dahlin, Boqvist
Russia: Svechnikov
USA: Farabee, Hughes
Finland: Kotkaniemi, Kakko

Kotkaniemi is injured as well and might not have been able to go regardless.

This looks like one of the most even talent per team no shows of all time
Probably hurts the Finns the most especially considering Lundell injury

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
It's a big loss but I can understand why lou did not release him as the isles need him right now.

yeah, they certainly do. They need his assprint in the barstool worked in good and firm for posterity's sake.

A great development model you got there, Lou.

I like the Iles's previous GM more. He was/is an idiot, but I liked more.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
yeah, they certainly do. They need his assprint in the barstool worked in good and firm for posterity's sake.

They need him so much he was scratched last night.

Reactions: Dominance

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
sucks no Dobson when he's just being scratched.. yet lou loans the American player for team usa.. just trying to hurt team Canada i guess lame lou.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

But won't he probably play now with the current situation in Long Island?

Edit: from reading the last few posts above it seems as if they still aren't, strange.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yes if you think that Lamoriello is such a big WJC fan that he would loan one player but not another just to swing things in USA's favour then I don't know what to tell you. The man is almost 80 years old and a very respected NHL executive.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yes if you think that Lamoriello is such a big WJC fan that he would loan one player but not another just to swing things in USA's favour then I don't know what to tell you. The man is almost 80 years old and a very respected NHL executive.
Calm down I never even said I thought that lol. I just dont think he really cares to help. If you dont think certain GMs have more of an alligance to certain international programs I'm not sure what to tell you.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Calm down I never even said I thought that lol. I just dont think he really cares to help. If you dont think certain GMs have more of an alligance to certain international programs I'm not sure what to tell you.

You just insinuated it with your second sentence lol. Its a ridiculous thing to even suggest.

Would you be saying this if he was still with the leafs?

Reactions: Garyboy

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

You're doubling down on a ridiculous idea. Any remotely respectable general manager wants to do what is best for their team and their player. They are not looking to "help" some national team due to "alligance" to a given national program.

Reactions: Garyboy and HBK27

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lou isn't trying to sabotage Team Canada, he just has no idea how to manage prospects.

- didn't deal one of his many D to make room for Dobson, opting to scratch him most games instead of returning him to junior
- signed a 19YR old Wahlstrom and brought him to the AHL after he put up a whopping 8G and 19P in 36GP in college
- decided to have an 18YR old Holmstrom jump from the SuperElit to the AHL, where he's predictably struggling
- brought Skarek over the pond after one mediocre SM-Liiga season to be the ECHL starter/AHL 3rd goalie at 20

Don't know why anyone would have expected him to release Dobson after decisions like this.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Veleno has officially been released. I'm betting he doesnt play the first pre tourney game but plays the second

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Go Swiss.

Finally, Tomorrow!! :popcorn:

screenshot-2019-12-17-12-02-23-png.293571

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Don't get too excited. Its not on TV. I checked all the TSN channels and its not on any of them tomorrow @ noon. It might be available on stream but I was happier than a pig in crap when I thought it would be on TV
PRE-TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

DATEMATCHUPTIME (ET/PT)NETWORK
Thu, December 19CAN vs. SUINoon/9amTSN 1/3
Mon, December 23CAN vs. FIN11:30am/8:30amTSN 1/4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Don't get too excited. Its not on TV. I checked all the TSN channels and its not on any of them tomorrow @ noon. It might be available on stream but I was happier than a pig in crap when I thought it would be on TV

Check TSN 1 and 3. It's listed as Ice Hockey on my TV. Online it says Canada v Swiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad