Buffalo Bills 2020 Buffalo Bills Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm very interested to see how it goes. My big thing is that the Ravens aren't going to beat you through the air. Lamar has only thrown over 200 yards 5 times this season and none over 300 yards. I think Buffalo should be able to get more pressure on him than they did get on Rivers. Really the matchup that is going to decide the game is Ravens D vs Buffalo's offense. I think a healthier Beasley and a less disciplined defensive group (Indy essentially played a perfect defensive game vs Buffalo with minimal penalties, Baltimore is the 2nd most penalized team in the league). We'll see what happens.

I'm curious if we almost tell the d-line not to rush (for fear of going by Jackson and opening up rushing lanes) and hope Lamar runs himself into sacks or short yardage gains if coverage is sticky.

And I don't want a blizzard to derail the Bills passing game, but Lamar said he's never played in snow before. If a light bit of precipitation is enough to throw off his footwork and give him problems with making sharp cuts or accelerating quickly, that would be a big help.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’m curious how the Ravens defend this time around. What they did last year was perfect but I somehow think that blitzing Allen and daring him to throw downfield against man coverage is going to work as well this time.

I'm really hoping they're stubborn and bring pressure. Let Diggs and Beasley eat against man coverage and maybe hit Brown or Davis over the top once or twice.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I hope BBB and McD double down on our strengths in the draft this year. Draft an explosive back to compliment Moss and Singletary. If Know can take a step forward again we could be set at TE but the coaches will be able to evaluate his growth better then us. This offense needs to continue to grow/evolve in order to stay ahead. But with hosting playoff games in Buffalo the Bills need to make sure they can attack the edges in the running game to get another type of chunk plays.

Defensively the Bills needs to target a LB/Safety hybrid athlete who can match up against modern TE's. This gadget role appears to be more and more important in this passing league and I think TE match-ups have been a headache for the Bills all season.

I havent done any draft research yet but Travis Etienne was eligible last year & didn't enter. Hed be the offensive piece id look to add in the first round . A vertical WR too in rounds 2/3 since i see Brown as an obvious cut candidate.

There should be a few interesting mid tier UFA TEs to replace Kroft.

The Coverage LB/S hybrid should be Matt Milano. If he isn't resigned for whatever reason - this immediately becones the Bills' biggest hole by a country mile.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If Houston is selling off piece, give me JJ Watt. He'd be perfect for that room.

They aren't selling pieces off - Watson is (understandably) looking for a way out.

As JB said (+ I've detailed in previous thread) the Bills are in no position to be adding that much cap this offseason.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Miami has a recent top 5 pick QB & 3OV in the upcoming draft to offer up for Watson.

No other team has anywhere near that type of capital.
You have to assume the Texans looked at Tua's season and went, yup we can develop him.

Min can offer Cousins plus a boatload more
San Fran can offer Jimmy G
Giants can offer Jones (same boat as Miami, Texans need to see something there)

If I am Caserio, I go out and meet with him and say "I may not be who you wanted but I am dedicated to you and this team and making sound moves to get us back to Super bowl contention. My first move is to get you to stay and happy. Iv contacted Eric for an interview and will give you some time to decide if you would like to stay or seek a trade."

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
You have to assume the Texans looked at Tua's season and went, yup we can develop him.

Min can offer Cousins plus a boatload more
San Fran can offer Jimmy G
Giants can offer Jones (same boat as Miami, Texans need to see something there)

If I am Caserio, I go out and meet with him and say "I may not be who you wanted but I am dedicated to you and this team and making sound moves to get us back to Super bowl contention. My first move is to get you to stay and happy. Iv contacted Eric for an interview and will give you some time to decide if you would like to stay or seek a trade."

Obviously the latter is the smartest move they could make - but if they are resigned to losing him - a package built around Tua + 3OV is by far the best they are realistically going to get.

Remember that among their current issues, cap space is not one of Texans' current strengths. Especially if they move Watson this offseason.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Obviously the latter is the smartest move they could make - but if they are resigned to losing him - a package built around Tua + 3OV is by far the best they are realistically going to get.

Remember that among their current issues, cap space is not one of Texans' current strengths. Especially if they move Watson this offseason.
I agree but after seeing Tua this year, he wouldn't be a piece of interest.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I think it's too early to write him off.

You could get Devonta Smith at 3ov (or trade down a few picks). That, plus an actual offseason might get him going.
If I'm trading a top 5 qb, I don't want a project, I want a known commodity or a crippling amount of picks. 3, 18, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, Parker, Baker, Gesicki. And while that is a package, I prob would still debate. 3 firsts, a second, 3 starters.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If I'm trading a top 5 qb, I don't want a project, I want a known commodity or a crippling amount of picks. 3, 18, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, Parker, Baker, Gesicki. And while that is a package, I prob would still debate. 3 firsts, a second, 3 starters.

If it's about picks - guess what - Miami has by far the highest value pick with 3ov. Plus their own R1.

If the Texans really didnt want Tua, Miami still offers the best deal.

I can't imagine they would want an expensive vet QB as part of the package. Its either Tua if they believe in him, or if not they draft another guy with 3ov.

Miami offers the best deal either way.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
If it's about picks - guess what - Miami has by far the highest value pick with 3ov. Plus their own R1.

If the Texans really didnt want Tua, Miami still offers the best deal.

I can't imagine they would want an expensive vet QB as part of the package. Its either Tua if they believe in him, or if not they draft another guy with 3ov.

Miami offers the best deal either way.
You are missing my point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad