Waived: 2020-21 Waivers Thread

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... if Ned clears, they will probably let the Oilers have Forsberg back.
this isn't MLB Rule 5 draft (or any other long-gone other rules),
there is no scenario where player auto-reverts to former team
Oilers only advantage re Forsberg is that, (a) if Canes waive him, and (b) ONLY claim is by EO, (c) EO, as prior waiving team, can demote him without further waivers (or, i assume, assign to taxi squad)

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Oilers only advantage re Forsberg is that, (a) if Canes waive him, and (b) ONLY claim is by EO, (c) EO, as prior waiving team, can demote him without further waivers (or, i assume, assign to taxi squad)

They could always trade Forsberg back to the Oilers for FC or a fringe AHLer.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I am surprised by this move, but it may work out for Carolina. Although I think he is better than Forsberg so why the downgrade confuses me.

I explain it in the prior page. They want Ned to get minutes in the AHL instead of lagging behind the bench on the 23-man roster. These transactions are simply insurance in case Ned does get claimed.

Reactions: hn777

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
My guess is Komarov spends alot of time on the taxi squad to try save a bit of salary(only to be called up on game days when needed then sent down soon after)

If a team is using LTIR then moving players back and forth from the NHL to the AHL/Taxi squad doesn't save any cap space unless the move causes the team to cease using LTIR.

With the Isles projected to use nearly all of the $6m in Boychuk LTIR it would be impossible to do that without dumping one or more large contracts.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Correct, there isn't any auto-revert rule in play here. It stands to reason though, that if Carolina were to waive him, EDM would claim him back since they just signed him this off-season to the contract he is on. There's also probably a good chance that they would be the only team claiming him, since about 20 teams didn't claim him this time (teams that had priority over Carolina). Sure, things might change with other teams between now and then and/or a team behind Carolina in waiver claim priority might take a chance, but IMO, there's a good chance that if Carolina waives him, EDM would be the only team that would claim him.

Reactions: joestevens29

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
A lot different this year with teams needing 3 goalies on their roster.

True, and Carolina was one of them, yet they instead waived him and claimed Forsberg.

I'm not saying he won't be claimed, as maybe he will be, but I was replying to the tweet that because he was AHL goaltender of the year and won the calder cup, he's very desirable. Sparks did the same 1 year before Ned and is without a contract now.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Surprised that Nedeljkovic got waived. Maybe he's not that good after all?

sorry i just don't get how anyone who has been watching NHL closely in recent years can be shocked
by any player being waived,
or by any player going unclaimed
The hard cap made things tough,
the flat Cap makes it worse, and
very few teams have latitude or willingness to make claims.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Exact same waiver rules as if Perry was sent to the AHL. Play in 10 NHL games, or spend on 30 days on a NHL roster and will have to go through waivers again before he can be assigned back to the taxi squad or AHL.
Well.. And thanx

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
A little surprising by the players claimed and not claimed. I'm not a GM, but some of these bottom teams could have used a couple of these players that passed through, and some of the players claimed didn't seem necessary.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
A little surprising by the players claimed and not claimed. I'm not a GM, but some of these bottom teams could have used a couple of these players that passed through, and some of the players claimed didn't seem necessary.
as a fan of one of the bottom teams, we are pretty jammed here in Ottawa, but agree in principle

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00