Speculation: 2020-21 Stars Roster Speculation and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yep, they are very similar with no real difference, in terms that they are best suited for the 13/14th forward to plug in every once in a while. But if Kero plays like he did last night, then I would say that his meh-play fits the system a bit better. Not that either playing will matter more than 1point in the standing.

Eh i think Kero is one of those guys who needs to play with good players in a top6 role or he doesn't function at the NHL level. Dowling at this point is also fine in a 4th line role.

Reactions: Johno and Bfantz

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
L’esperance sure was short lived. They don’t even give the guy looks anymore. Though I don’t disagree with it

serp

Jan 17, 2016
L’esperance sure was short lived. They don’t even give the guy looks anymore. Though I don’t disagree with it

He's also in the taxi squad but he's also pretty much only an offensive minded guy . If you need someone to play PK or a in general a bottom 6 role L'Esperance ain't helping .

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Eh i think Kero is one of those guys who needs to play with good players in a top6 role or he doesn't function at the NHL level. Dowling at this point is also fine in a 4th line role.

That is also a fair point, though I’d give him a few more games to see if he can be ”good enough” all around.
Hopefully Benn and Kivi aren’t out for too long...

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Ngl it feels good to see the confidence of this team at such a high level so early. Amazing what a cup finals appearance can do for a team. Hintz and Gurianov know they’re good now and are playing like top line players. Pavelski looks like he did when he was a Shark. Defense looks great. Khudobin is solid. If we get healthy and stay healthy I like our chances at a 2nd cup appearance a lot.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Hintz and Guri are looking good with vets Pavelski and Radulov.
It's too bad Seguin is out so long would love to see the fowards being rolled out as:

X-Pavelski-Radulov
X-Hintz-Gurianov
Benn-Seguin-X
X-Faska-Comeau

Dellandrea, Kiviranta, Dickinson + one of Caamano, Cogliano, Kero, Dowling, whomever

Was thinking the same thing at one point last night. Dickey looks good enough with Guri/Hintz and Kivi will probably look fine with Rads/Pavs. Having a true third scoring line based on our former top scorers would be the bomb. Probably a little less pressure on them as well, and they might produce back at their old rates facing other lower six lines. Hey, pay the third guy at least $2 million and we have invented the $20 Million checking line!

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Gardner in for Robertson, I hope Hanley comes in for Pysyk but probably not as Bowness seems pretty hyped on the idea of, L-R shot on D.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Think it's a good idea to cycle through taxi squad guys every couple of games to keep them fresh and look for one who really stands out like he needs to stay in the lineup, sorta what Dellandrea has done so far.

Reactions: Dallasman

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Think it's a good idea to cycle through taxi squad guys every couple of games to keep them fresh and look for one who really stands out like he needs to stay in the lineup, sorta what Dellandrea has done so far.

Agreed. The difference between Robertson, Caamano, Gardner, L'Esperance, Kero is fairly minimal.. keep them all in game form.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wonder when / if they'll start doing that with defenseman . Hanley and Fedun aren't even on the taxi squad just regular scratches. At some point they should get games. Harley probably too ( Honka who cares ) so he's not completely out game shape when the AHL starts or the OHL whenever that happens.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If you told me 2 years ago that that was what our forward group would look like one day...oof I'd think we are a lottery team

But with the way they're playing right now I am perfectly fine with it. Weird

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
We need to see what happens going forward, our PP has blasted a million goals but the majority of production is from Pavelski/Radulov/Klingberg.. so what happens when they cool down a bit?

That is my concern, we are running a depleted forward group that is doing great so far.. but I can't see it lasting unfortunately. Hopefully we get Benn, Comeau, Kiviranta back sooner than later.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
We need to see what happens going forward, our PP has blasted a million goals but the majority of production is from Pavelski/Radulov/Klingberg.. so what happens when they cool down a bit?

That is my concern, we are running a depleted forward group that is doing great so far.. but I can't see it lasting unfortunately. Hopefully we get Benn, Comeau, Kiviranta back sooner than later.

Hopefully we get some even strength production tonight and some goals from outside our top 6. I'm gonna throw it out there and say Dellandrea pots one tonight as well as Faksa

I'm also hoping Miro gets more involved tn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad