Speculation: 2020-21 Stars Roster Speculation and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Tanner Kero got called up from the taxi squad as well. Idk if Benn was out wouldn't he have been put on IR as well ?

Canterano

Jun 30, 2018
Finland
Hopefully Dellandrea acts as Kiviranta replacement today with Pavelski and Radulov. He looked pretty good on opening night.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Kiviranta going on IR sucks, but I think it also is a major clue that Jamie Benn's injury is probably not thought to be serious. Kero getting called off the taxi squad though also strongly suggests he will still miss this game. With both Benn and Kiviranta out, I'm guessing Kero gets the nod and some PP time over Gardner. Dowling should be on the PP as well tonight.

It's going to be pretty fascinating with the lines. I think this is going to be the slightly wheels off and potential defensive disaster Robertson-Pavelski-Radulov line tonight. We've already seen them together before. If you're not bringing in a defensive forward for that line, he makes more sense than Kero or Dowling.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
How many point would u expect heiskanen to get this year? 40p in 56g?

Trying to decide if he will score more than Shea Theodore.
Anywhere between 35-45 points is my guess but could also see him going on a tear and getting 50 plus .

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Anywhere between 35-45 points is my guess but could also see him going on a tear and getting 50 plus .

Hmm. If he's not on the 1st pp 50+ may be difficult. Honestly trying to decide between him and Shea Theodore for a points only office pool.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Hmm. If he's not on the 1st pp 50+ may be difficult. Honestly trying to decide between him and Shea Theodore for a points only office pool.
He will be getting the same pp time he got in the playoffs where he was 1 point shy of a point per game . Mind you , most of those points were against Calgary in the first round . Mostly because he didn’t have to play defence as much compared to the facing the avs , knights and bolts . I think it will come down to how bad the bottom teams in the division are as that’s when he will get most of his points .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm gonna guess Miro gets 25-30 points this season. Truly depends on how the Stars offense performs. If they keep putting up goals like they did last night then I'd bump that total up to 40

serp

Jan 17, 2016
At the end of the day if Benn says he plays he plays. He hates missing games. It's idiotic at times but if he can play he will play .

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I don’t see the sense in bringing Benn back today. This is game 2/56.

I’d bet that Benn feels like the preds are one of the main opponents in the playoff hunt and he can take time off against Detroit if needed.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I'd go with Theodore in a draft, he'll outscore Miro this year with the way he's started. As a guess 27-32 points for Miro this season if he plays all 56. Prove me horribly wrong though Miro.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
It's too bad Seguin is out so long would love to see the fowards being rolled out as:

X-Pavelski-Radulov
X-Hintz-Gurianov
Benn-Seguin-X
X-Faska-Comeau

Dellandrea, Kiviranta, Dickinson + one of Caamano, Cogliano, Kero, Dowling, whomever

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
It's too bad Seguin is out so long would love to see the fowards being rolled out as:

X-Pavelski-Radulov
X-Hintz-Gurianov
Benn-Seguin-X
X-Faska-Comeau

Dellandrea, Kiviranta, Dickinson + one of Caamano, Cogliano, Kero, Dowling, whomever
Hintz and Guri are looking good with vets Pavelski and Radulov.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Our best call up option in my opinion is dowling . Ever since his first nhl game the guy has never played with any nerves , always seems to make smart plays and actually has some pretty wild hands .

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I’ve never disliked Dowling, but IMO Kero showed more in that one game than Dowling has his whole stint with the Stars. Maybe it’s a fit thing.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I’ve never disliked Dowling, but IMO Kero showed more in that one game than Dowling has his whole stint with the Stars. Maybe it’s a fit thing.
Kero played good too , there’s not a ton of difference between the two tbh but IMO dowling has a slight edge . That’s the only time I’ve ever seen kero play though .

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Kero played good too , there’s not a ton of difference between the two tbh but IMO dowling has a slight edge . That’s the only time I’ve ever seen kero play though .

Yep, they are very similar with no real difference, in terms that they are best suited for the 13/14th forward to plug in every once in a while. But if Kero plays like he did last night, then I would say that his meh-play fits the system a bit better. Not that either playing will matter more than 1point in the standing.

Reactions: Bfantz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad