GDT: 2020-21 season game 34 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 3/31/21

bland

Jul 1, 2004
He f***ing damn near killed Nosek with a clean hit too.

Of course, Nosek was allowed to get up, look him directly in the face, take 3-4 strides, and cross check brown right in the neck right in the slot and not get a call, so :dunno:

Though it was funny having everyone piss off Theodore all night too, that dude just kept taking shots at people's lower backs when everything was done. Didn't have him written up as one of the cowards, but he fits right in there now.

I was perfectly cool with the dual noncalls. Let them sort that shit out on their own.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I was perfectly cool with the dual noncalls. Let them sort that shit out on their own.
that's kinda what led to the 2nd period getting out of hand though, usually i'd agree but i'd rather see offsetting minors in that situation

the crosschecks are a penalty.. brownie's judoka impersonation was definitely a penalty too

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I'd normally be okay with it as you can at least pretend you're part of the play going on and battling, but Nosek actively left the puck/play and just skated over to clean Brownie out in the slot while he was doing nothing lol

But you're probably right as long as they're just teeing off on each other

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
yo brownie's belly to belly suplex was f***in MONEY though

that was the best thing i've seen on ice this season

I cant find this hit on twitter either :(

The Knights are the NHL's team. I seriously don't think people how realize how evident it is. The amount they do, the calls they get away with. It's pretty insane. I hope Bjornfot is okay, if he isn't the Kings should absolutely seek retribution of similar stature. Vegas has been pounding on the Kings way too long. A stern message needs to be sent. Preferably on one of their beloved players, like Stone.

Reactions: RaymondReddington

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I hate to be a downer, but the Kings only won this because 2 bad goals by Fleury.

Reactions: Vino

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I hate to be a downer, but the Kings only won this because 2 bad goals by Fleury.

The Kings also hit 2 posts and Andersson was completely robbed of a 2nd goal.

And even if this was 2 undeserved points, the Kings have had a few games where they deserved better, it all evens out over a season.

And if the Kings are serious about making a push they need to take care of business at home and sweep the Sharks. If the Kings sweep the Sharks they'll be essentially tied for the final spot and the Sharks will be buried. A split isn't going to cut it.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'ma be honest, i think that's kind of a cheap take. if those were 2 bad goals, he made up for them by stoning lias twice and JAD once at least right? wagner had a good chance and i think it was vilardi that whiffed on an open net back door? fleury is also the reason this wasn't a blowout..

minus the 2nd period officiating discrepancies, i think this was a very good game

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
i'ma be honest, i think that's kind of a cheap take. if those were 2 bad goals, he made up for them by stoning lias twice and JAD once at least right? wagner had a good chance and i think it was vilardi that whiffed on an open net back door? fleury is also the reason this wasn't a blowout..

minus the 2nd period officiating discrepancies, i think this was a very good game
The Kings also hit 2 posts and Andersson was completely robbed of a 2nd goal.

And even if this was 2 undeserved points, the Kings have had a few games where they deserved better, it all evens out over a season.

And if the Kings are serious about making a push they need to take care of business at home and sweep the Sharks. If the Kings sweep the Sharks they'll be essentially tied for the final spot and the Sharks will be buried. A split isn't going to cut it.
VGK had scoring chances too. Cal was very solid. Difference in the game was Fleury gave up a couple softies and Petersen didn't.

I don't think it's cheap saying this, because it doesn't mean the Kings didn't play relatively well. Vegas was 14-2-1 at home coming into this game.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

Vegas first goal was lucky as shit. Karlsson shot from almost below the goal line that was headed towards the benches redirects off of Petersen skate blade and in. That puck had no chance of going in on its own by its path.

So take away the Kings two soft goals and Vegas soft goal and the Kings still win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghetty Green

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

Watching this on repeat.

aw man where's the 15 seconds after though, that was comedy

i really hate that hit to be honest and it's crept into the league lately, basically a slew foot but using the boards as leverage.. tough shit though. couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Can’t overstate how important it was for the Kings to get that win last night in regulation against a team that is a playoff lock. They had to split the series with Vegas to stop falling out of the playoff race. But to pick up a win in the fashion they did has rekindled hope for all.

With Fleury’s lackluster performance, and another outstanding effort from Cal, Coach Todd had the team ready to go from the drop of the puck. He ended riding the veterans to preserve the win, which is understandable.

But he managed to get the first three goals from guys who all ended up playing 13 minutes or less. Vilardi played only 11 minutes, despite going 0/5 on the PP.

So let’s see what happens. If they sweep the back to back against the Sharks using the same game plan, maybe things turn around. But, it’s most likely we see two different performances.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I'd take Miller. I think he's still solid in net if a good D is in front of him. Plus, he wants to stay in socal...

But how does he improve our collection of Anders(s)on(-Dolan)s?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
What? C'mon now.

it's just a dangerous hit, you get the guy off balance from the legs then pivot through the chest when their hips are pinned

i got no problem with the ole matt greene special where you just blast through the chest but he never did that on the boards, it was just a power move

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
There were some good things from Andersson and Vilardi this game.

For the rest of the season, I think the best scenario for the Kings is Vilardi/Andersson really hitting their stride and scoring like top 6 forwards.

That would give me huge optimism going into next season, and honestly if it does happen, the Kings would probably make the playoffs, since 5v5 goalscoring is their one major weakness right now (currently 27th in the league).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad