GDT: 2020-21 season game 34 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 3/31/21

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I totally agree but he's not wrong.

People seem surprised at this version of the Kings, when you have a speed guy with hands in AA just straight blasting by you for a goal, and guys like Wagner, Moore, Lizotte right on you at all times. This isn't your 2015 Kings. That's one thing they do very well.

I actually think this team does a lot of things well, but they are so susceptible to momentum swings. Which is why I am all about the Lemieux trade. I'm watching this Sharks game now and there was some shit with Kaprizov and Couture. Afterwards you had Kane and the whole Sharks team in a scrum with the Wild. The Wild were right back standing up for Kaprizov. Not that it is a big deal, but the team being a team is so important to success. We are a bunch of awesome pieces right now, but not yet a team.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Next SIX GAMES are four against SJ and two against AZ. Kings control their own fate here. Hard to feel bad if they shit the bed again.

Yikes doesn't look good then. We know how they play against the Sharks and the Goat Jones will shut us out a few times. Something about the Guppies that the Kings just cannot overcome.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Glad to see Lias engaged and playing so well...wish Wagner could have got him the puck on their 2 on 1...ok that he shot, I guess, but it seemed like he could have got it to him.
Lias could have had 3 tonight.

He seems focused too:
John Hoven | The Mayor
@mayorNHL

·
31m
McLellan says Andersson kept walking by him at practice and around the rink saying, 'I'm ready!' and he was. -- McLellan Also noted they sent Lias to the minors to polish his game after some inactivity and they liked what he was able to do.

Wrobo comments on Andersson the other night: - fiery competitor - useful in all spots, including PP, very good on PK - one of his best attributes is puck protection - can be a guy that really should be able to shut down another team’s top line, be ultra-dependable in his own end

I'm hoping Lias can play with Lemieux and bring energy and fiestyness...and chip in a few. I imagine they may have played some together, in NY.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Man, AA can fly..and handle the puck at top speed and finish. Kind of baffling he gets almost zero PP time.

See Detroit stats. In his 30 goal year, 11 were PP. The following year, he only had 10 goals (in 46 games) and 7 were PP. That's 18 PP goals of the 40 goals...and he is not consistently on a PP unit? (Yet Iafallo is out there, every 1st PP unit? Alex is ok, but show me 18 PP goals over 2 years. You can't)
Seems like he should be on PP unit 1 ! or at least on PP 2.

Andreas Athanasiou Stats and News

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Glad to see Lias engaged and playing so well...wish Wagner could have got him the puck on their 2 on 1...ok that he shot, I guess, but it seemed like he could have got it to him.
Lias could have had 3 tonight.

He seems focused too:
John Hoven | The Mayor
@mayorNHL

·
31m
McLellan says Andersson kept walking by him at practice and around the rink saying, 'I'm ready!' and he was. -- McLellan Also noted they sent Lias to the minors to polish his game after some inactivity and they liked what he was able to do.

Wrobo comments on Andersson the other night: - fiery competitor - useful in all spots, including PP, very good on PK - one of his best attributes is puck protection - can be a guy that really should be able to shut down another team’s top line, be ultra-dependable in his own end

I'm hoping Lias can play with Lemieux and bring energy and fiestyness...and chip in a few. I imagine they may have played some together, in NY.

Same. Interested in seeing what Lemieux - Anderson-Dolan - Andersson might be able to accomplish together.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I’d still take Quick in playoffs.
Thats something I thought about. Cal should get more starts this season. Hes earned it and is looking like the better goalie. But if they do squeak into the playoffs I still think maybe go with Quick until he has a bad game. Hes always great in the playoffs and I think he has another big performance in him.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Back to the days when "Our power play is our enforcer". Those squads missed the playoffs too.

Can't let a teenage, key piece of this team get knocked out of the game on a cheap elbow and just dick around the rest of the game trying to hold on to a lead. That's where someone like Lemeiux comes in to play.

The Kings have a rep that you can cheap shot them and nothing will happen to you. It's been going on for years now. If you can't see it: you're blind. If you don't believe it: you're delusional and this isn't the NHL in 2035 when this shit doesn't matter anymore.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I slept through the game yet again. Just caught highlights. Wow JAD was everywhere. Kempe was good, Lias was a man on a mission it seems. All good signs.

And now for the thing that pisses me off. Did someone kill Stephenson? That stupid bitch.

He was kicked out of the game so no one got a chance, but by looking at the roster tonight I would suspect nothing would have happened. It is what it is they just don't have the personel to do anything. Andy Murray would be proud of this team. What they did do was after a long 5 minute powerplay allow the Knights to score.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Any news on why Tonka was the one left out tonight? seems like 3 games ago him on the JAD line was unstoppable and now hes getting dropped from the lineup?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Back to the days when "Our power play is our enforcer". Those squads missed the playoffs too.

Can't let a teenage, key piece of this team get knocked out of the game on a cheap elbow and just dick around the rest of the game trying to hold on to a lead. That's where someone like Lemeiux comes in to play.

The Kings have a rep that you can cheap shot them and nothing will happen to you. It's been going on for years now. If you can't see it: you're blind. If you don't believe it: you're delusional and this isn't the NHL in 2035 when this shit doesn't matter anymore

Could not agree more. Remember when Malkin smoked Simmons with an elbow and not a damn thing happened. At least that's what I remember. It was pretty upsetting at the time. It's hard when you have Kopi as your Captain which of course is not his fault he's just not that type of player. Those types of players are rare but it's hard now-a-days to find a leader like Messier, Iginla, Benn etc. It is what it is.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
There have been some incidents over the years... Reaves elbow to Kopitar. No response. Paquette taking out Martinez. No response. Tkachuk on Doughty. No response. It had to be 39 year older Iginla beating Engelland to make a statement against Calgary. Because technically Engelland was fighting for Tkachuk even though he had a hit on Kopitar. Enforcers and fighters say the worst thing is when the agitator has to see the beating they take for them - that makes feel terrible. So Iggy make Tkachuk pay by pounding on Engelland. Kassian and Chiraot made Tkachuk pay for their own teams. I hope Lemieux does the same.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I slept through the game yet again. Just caught highlights. Wow JAD was everywhere. Kempe was good, Lias was a man on a mission it seems. All good signs.

And now for the thing that pisses me off. Did someone kill Stephenson? That stupid bitch.

I don't blame you. Sometimes the melatonin don't work so you just need a kings game.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
didn't watch this one live but man that elbow was filthy.. i'd say enjoy the suspension but i feel some wheel of justice action with the precedent set by mcdavid. indefensible lack of response though, especially with that weak PP and near instant goal against once it expired

kids looked good which made the kopi line look good, 2nd period officiating was utterly laughable and the home cooking couldn't be more obvious when suddenly vegas gets a mystery penalty as soon as someone on their bench complains. i wanted so badly to praise them when they called deserved matching minors on lizotte and whoever early but nope, true stripes always show. pretty sure carter had his stick broken by a slash on the empty net defense and then it finally broke later.. hard 2 hander over the top

damn near a hatty for lias, JAD nearly 2 though? wild.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
There have been some incidents over the years... Reaves elbow to Kopitar. No response. Paquette taking out Martinez. No response. Tkachuk on Doughty. No response. It had to be 39 year older Iginla beating Engelland to make a statement against Calgary. Because technically Engelland was fighting for Tkachuk even though he had a hit on Kopitar. Enforcers and fighters say the worst thing is when the agitator has to see the beating they take for them - that makes feel terrible. So Iggy make Tkachuk pay by pounding on Engelland. Kassian and Chiraot made Tkachuk pay for their own teams. I hope Lemieux does the same.

It's really puzzling at how this team over the years have been so damn soft when it comes to all this stuff you just mentioned. I'm not advocating killing someone but damn show some f****n heart and let the opposition know you're not going to do this to us....or something just don't know what it is. When Iginla dropped his mitts against his old teammate it made me realize how special a guy like Iginla was. Was such a huge fan of his from the beginning and man what a leader he was. When he wore a Kings Jersey for just that short amount of time made me realize how much I miss the old days of hockey.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Good to see Brown fire up after the TB hit. He even went at Martinez after the puck was gone at center ice and Martinez wasn't happy about it and chased him down for a cross check. Brown needs to bring the physical game more often.

He f***ing damn near killed Nosek with a clean hit too.

Of course, Nosek was allowed to get up, look him directly in the face, take 3-4 strides, and cross check brown right in the neck right in the slot and not get a call, so :dunno:

Though it was funny having everyone piss off Theodore all night too, that dude just kept taking shots at people's lower backs when everything was done. Didn't have him written up as one of the cowards, but he fits right in there now.

Reactions: ru4reals

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
He f***ing damn near killed Nosek with a clean hit too.

Of course, Nosek was allowed to get up, look him directly in the face, take 3-4 strides, and cross check brown right in the neck right in the slot and not get a call, so :dunno:

Though it was funny having everyone piss off Theodore all night too, that dude just kept taking shots at people's lower backs when everything was done. Didn't have him written up as one of the cowards, but he fits right in there now.
Is that why Nosek was chasing the ref around? lol

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
yo brownie's belly to belly suplex was f***in MONEY though

that was the best thing i've seen on ice this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad