GDT: 2020-21 season Game #2 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @6:00pm 1/16/21

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If he was a young top 4 he'd be in there. If he's a young top 4, MacD isn't the one stopping him. That would be Maatta. The day they acquired him pretty much told everyone what was going to happen with Bjornfot.

I think Toby steps in if there is a LD injury or if Anderson’s play falls off. Pairing him with Roy isn’t a bad option for spot duty.

Man adding a PLD would reallybeef up this lineup.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Vilardi - PLD - Frk
Kempe - Carter - AA
Grundy - Lizotte. Wagner

Xtra - Moore, Luff

-Dubois is a big fast center that was drafted 3rd overall and for the most part groomed properly. Has already shown he can be a beast.

- Carter looks refreshed and can center the third line with 2 other fast guys who can also take the odd draw.

- Turcotte or Byfield would be part of the package heading back. Would rather add a bit to Turcotte. We have extra picks, they need prospects.

I think a PLD trade would be shortsighted at this point, but the package would start with an unprotected first, Turcotte and JAD imo.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
So I take it all you are okay with giving extra mintues to Matta and Anderson to make up for the lack of minutes MacDermid can play. Bjornfot imo has done all he can do in the ahl and needs to play in nhl to get his feet wet. I think the kings should field there best lineup possible.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So I take it all you are okay with giving extra mintues to Matta and Anderson to make up for the lack of minutes MacDermid can play. Bjornfot imo has done all he can do in the ahl and needs to play in nhl to get his feet wet. I think the kings should field there best lineup possible.

And he will play in the NHL. Just not tonight.

And I'm perfectly okay with whatever minutes MacDermid gets, along with the rest of the D-corps.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Man adding a PLD would reallybeef up this lineup.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Vilardi - PLD - Frk
Kempe - Carter - AA
Grundy - Lizotte. Wagner

Xtra - Moore, Luff

-Dubois is a big fast center that was drafted 3rd overall and for the most part groomed properly. Has already shown he can be a beast.

- Carter looks refreshed and can center the third line with 2 other fast guys who can also take the odd draw.

- Turcotte or Byfield would be part of the package heading back. Would rather add a bit to Turcotte. We have extra picks, they need prospects.
i just can't justify sending away turcotte or byfield for him.. yeah PLD's a sure thing but i see potential in both

i think you kinda gotta trust the kids to grow this season instead of bypassing them. it's kind of unfortunate that this drama is kicking off right now instead of next season cause i'd be all over it then

Reactions: funky

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Bjornfot getting #1 AHL minutes > Bjornfot getting 10 NHL minutes

just a quick re-glance at the minnesota roster and I didn't even realize how much theyre hurting for Cs. Rossi is gonna help immensely. If they can make a trade for a good one that's suddenly a much scarier team.
I agree but right now Bjornfot getting 0 minutes anywhere. And if it’s MacDermid keeping him out? Gross.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
nice hit on kaprisov by brown

need to punish guys that skate across the slot

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Thats really ticky tacky.

Not a fan of them calling something like that, especially this early with no preseason.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Thats really ticky tacky.

Not a fan of them calling something like that, especially this early with no preseason.
that last guy coming off was borderline, i think it would have been OK if he was a stride closer

i can't really get too upset about it but i see the point about the preseason

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4