GDT: 2020-21 season Game #2 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @6:00pm 1/16/21

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I think he retires a King in 2022 at the end of his contract. Hard to imagine a market for an almost 38-year-old forward with declining numbers at that point.
kinda hope he does to be honest, no sense tarnishing the legacy the way some vets do by bouncing around between teams on disappointing 1 year contracts

bland

Jul 1, 2004
My money is on year to year incentive laden contracts
To do what though?

He has the turning radius of a tugboat. He avoids board battles, and basically sticks to a soft, easy brand of hockey nowadays. Sentimentality is no reason to keep him around, his play doesn't warrant it and the Kings need to start getting serious about changing this awful retirement home culture if they want to progress.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
To do what though?

He has the turning radius of a tugboat. He avoids board battles, and basically sticks to a soft, easy brand of hockey nowadays. Sentimentality is no reason to keep him around, his play doesn't warrant it and the Kings need to start getting serious about changing this awful retirement home culture if they want to progress.
3rd/4th line guy. The new Trevor Lewis. The Kings do need to get younger, but we also still need vets and positive guys in the room.
Brown just needs to have a lesser role

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm sure Brownie will be retiring. He's got 4 f***ing kids at home and nothing left to prove, doesn't seem like the type that will play just to play, he does have pride.

I'm sure he'll get a job in the org to stick around and frankly he deserves it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad