GDT: 2020-21 season Game 14 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @7:00pm 2/16/21

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
All of a sudden, we got Bjornfoot, Roy, Walker, Anderson and F****n Strand!!! Whaaaat!!!! I can only smile.
and clague for that matter

i'm happy to see it too but we're still very much so in small sample size territory.. not that having a bunch of solid 2nd pairing guys is a bad thing either

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Nice bow on the win for the Quickie shutout.

Yes, the roster adjustments of Bjornfot and JAD have helped turn this thing around. But the horrific and soulless games against the Ducks and Vegas might have been something that the guys lost some sleep over. I mean, those games were as bad as any Kings performance I've seen.

Not sure what was said or done behind closed doors but it's a night and day difference to my eyes. I'm having a hard time believing it's the same team.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Roy on Fiala:

NYSluTi.gif

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Strand made a couple of mistakes tonight that didn't result in anything, but RJ is right. This kid makes hard accurate passes. 15 minutes for the 3rd pairing is exactly what you want to see. That's the type of minutes distribution when the Kings actually had a good defense. And by good defense, I mean a defense that didn't include Derek Forbort.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Lizotte better not come back and take Vilardi's spot on the 2nd line or JAD's.

Lizotte should bump Andersson to wing on the fourth line.

Grundstrom - JAD - Moore
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Vilardi - Carter
Andersson - Lizotte - Athanasiou

Wagner and Luff take a seat.

I'm not sure how I feel about Athanasiou still.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
so close

tilted the f*** out of fiala too, he went skating around looking for roy at the next whistle

Told ya, totally Fiala's MO

Gets mad at contact, looks to run the next guy who's not looking

It's why I called bullshit when he buried Roy, no he didn't mean to concuss him, but he was definitely giving him extra like he does every single time he gets touched.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

So take out those first two flukes and the Wild are just as crap as the other teams not named STL, COL, VGK.

I know they were in a less-than-favorable situation tonight but hard to feel bad for them after the last few games, and even the powerhouse Kings would have trap-game'd their way into a loss, so nice to see a performance from everyone.

Reactions: fsanford

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Lizotte should bump Andersson to wing on the fourth line.

Grundstrom - JAD - Moore
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Vilardi - Carter
Andersson - Lizotte - Athanasiou

Wagner and Luff take a seat.

I'm not sure how I feel about Athanasiou still.
I wouldn’t hate seeing someone else get a crack at Iafallo’s spot. He hasn’t been awful but he’s just sort of there.

Reactions: kilowatt

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
You see the play of JAD and it's kind of a wake-up call for those of us who are a bit impatient with the kids who are projected to be impact players. This kid was shit the last two years he got a taste with the Kings. Absolute beast this season compared to the last two....so awesome, very impressed.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
By points percentage, we're ahead of Buffalo, Nashville, Vancouver, Rangers, Detroit, and Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad