GDT: 2020-21 season Game 14 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @7:00pm 2/16/21

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I wouldn’t hate seeing someone else get a crack at Iafallo’s spot. He hasn’t been awful but he’s just sort of there.

Was thinking same thing but you dont touch this lineup right now. If guys like Lizotte get Wally Pipp'd so be it

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I wouldn’t hate seeing someone else get a crack at Iafallo’s spot. He hasn’t been awful but he’s just sort of there.

Not a terrible idea. I wonder if Andersson might show a little more offense playing with Kopitar?

Or... bring up someone...

source.gif

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Roy on Fiala:

NYSluTi.gif

That's a vital message sent, and to his teammates, not Fiala. This year isn't about draft picks, its about team building. You know everyone in that room saw that play and talked about it afterwards. Roy took care of his own business, played nearly flawless defense and allowed yet another rookie defenseman to step in and shine. That's three guys breaking in onto his left, and all three have been able to thrive. That's no accident.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's a vital message sent, and to his teammates, not Fiala. This year isn't about draft picks, its about team building. You know everyone in that room saw that play and talked about it afterwards. Roy took care of his own business, played nearly flawless defense and allowed yet another rookie defenseman to step in and shine. That's three guys breaking in onto his left, and all three have been able to thrive. That's no accident.

Dude is definitely getting a letter at some point, like Matty Norstrom. Quiet intensity.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I get what you're saying but if it ain't broke...at this point he's not just fumbling all over the ice like he was earlier, give him a chance to work thru it since all the other lines are clicking pretty well. He's on a 57 point pace.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
What's so crazy to me is that we're seeing flashes of greatness from some of these kids and we haven't even seen Byfield, Turcotte, Kaliyev, Madden, Thomas, Kupari, or Fagemo yet. You know, all our best offensive prospects.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
What's so crazy to me is that we're seeing flashes of greatness from some of these kids and we haven't even seen Byfield, Turcotte, Kaliyev, Madden, Thomas, Kupari, or Fagemo yet. You know, all our best offensive prospects.

This was exactly my thoughts after the game. And this group have a better offensive upside then the ones up in the big club now. Not jumping ahead of myself, but wow. Hope the hockey gods give us a few super studs in the not too distant future.

Reactions: andys and kilowatt

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
How does MacDermid ever play a game for the Kings again?

Roy is back...Bjornfot looking like the most poised 19 year old defenseman I've ever seen...Strand playing exceptionally well...Clague was scratched, but has been excellent
and Walker could be back in a week, or so. Anderson had one of his better games tonight as well. Even Maata has been ok. I suppose you could say MacDermid could get in a game when the Kings need toughness, but he is not an NHL defenseman and the Kings have better options.

Pipeline: Hults, Grans, Faber, Nousiainen, Meehan. (Durzi not an omission. Not seeing a future for him here)

Oh, and the 'Bjornfot is not flashy and will never have offensive upside" BS....he went to the net more than some King forwards tonight. Tobias just may well be
the Kings best defenseman by the age of 21. Not to take anything away from the epic defenseman Matt Roy has become...but Toby is not even getting warmed up and 19.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
I mean I’m stoked at what I’m seeing don’t get me wrong, but that wasn’t exactly the ‘77 Canadiens they were up against out there. Kings played a good game and lots of bright spots for sure, I just caution against getting too far ahead of ourselves.

Totally agree, but we're not the '77 Canadiens either. Of the 18 skaters we iced tonight, 10 could realistically still be in the AHL.

Reactions: andys

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
There's an entire group on another part of this website who think that's a clean hit, followed by "what about this hit?" "how come he didn't get suspended?"

No, it's more of a 'Roy fell, so it's completely clean and an unfortunate situation, so no suspension!' kind of group.

So mind-numbing stupid.

200.gif

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Also, you love to see it: Kopitar lead Kings forwards in ice time with 19:43, a very respectable number. Doughty played 24:51, with more than three minutes on the power play. A little higher than necessary but ultimately a lot better than earlier in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad