GDT: 2020-21 season Game 14 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @7:00pm 2/16/21

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Bjornfot’s ELC? He’s playing pro North American hockey. I thought he’s on the grid no matter where we play him. Is it an age thing?

He is eligible to have his contract slide this year. All of the 2019 guys are in the same boat except maybe Fagemo since he's older. Pretty sure it is an age thing.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Bjornfot’s ELC? He’s playing pro North American hockey. I thought he’s on the grid no matter where we play him. Is it an age thing?

This is a good resource for entry-level slides: Entry-Level Slide Candidates - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

It only counts in he NHL. If Bjornfot plays more than 7 games with the Kings this season, his ELC can no longer slide. I'm assuming he will be sent to Ontario sooner than later even though he's arguably our best LD right now.

It's also important to note that this only matters for 18 and 19 year olds. That's why Clague is an RFA after this season. His first year slid, he signed with the Kings four years ago.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Faust has the special gift to ruin an entertaining game.
When are they going to throw him into the ocean?
I actually have been thinking that Faust has really hit his stride this season. Calling a really good game. Fox has been really restrained in the awkward jokes, and the delivery and handoffs between the two is so much better than seasons past. Fox has a great eye for little smart tidbits, but no good on banter. This season he's been almost all business, which is great.

Reactions: Vino

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I actually have been thinking that Faust has really hit his stride this season. Calling a really good game. Fox has been really restrained in the awkward jokes, and the delivery and handoffs between the two is so much better than seasons past. Fox has a great eye for little smart tidbits, but no good on banter. This season he's been almost all business, which is great.

All business until his outburst on the Quick save in the 3rd period last night lol. You'd have thought that save clinched a Cup victory.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
All business until his outburst on the Quick save in the 3rd period last night lol. You'd have thought that save clinched a Cup victory.
His mind is always blown when Quick goes post to post. He is still kinda new. We've been watching Quick do that for ten years.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Don't know what to say. We heard it last night.

The worst is when the puck is frozen, they keep piping the white noise as the skaters are changing lines, etc.

:dunno:
I dunno, there's always low level crowd noise when there are people at the rink, even during stoppages. I think you would find it even more unsettling if it was Faust, Fox, and dead air. To each their own.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007

See what winning does. Even Faust is getting love now. Young D core, that 4th line, Brown, and even Quick.

Reactions: kilowatt

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Especially with Brown currently impersonating the thick guy from Nintendo's Ice Hockey

He has that Voynov knack to get 'under' big players with leverage and just wedge them out of the play, it's awesome.

No doubt. But Slava did it at 23-24 this kid is 19!

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think his competitive nature is what has kept him in the lineup, but his flexibility might be doing more harm than good. He hasn't really settled into a role yet. But I love watching him because he has some of those things in soccer that they call "the dark arts" in his game. The little hip into the ribs along the wall, drifting an unnecessary extra foot or two into the crease after a save, a shove or two after the whistle. I love a good shit disturber. Sometimes you need guys who can change the temperature of the game, and that's also something absent from recent Kings teams.

Or in Bjornfot's case, clowning a giant with that "yeah, I belong here" face.
Agreed. His versatility is working against him defining a role, but it is also helping keep him in the lineup. I guess they will decide on where he fits once they see what the others bring. He definitely brings something different and we will need a few of those grittier players to support the guys with more finesse in their games. I’m really hoping he can carve out a spot going forward as I think there is plenty of upside there.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This is a good resource for entry-level slides: Entry-Level Slide Candidates - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

It only counts in he NHL. If Bjornfot plays more than 7 games with the Kings this season, his ELC can no longer slide. I'm assuming he will be sent to Ontario sooner than later even though he's arguably our best LD right now.

It's also important to note that this only matters for 18 and 19 year olds. That's why Clague is an RFA after this season. His first year slid, he signed with the Kings four years ago.
I’d let a year of the contract get eaten up and keep him in. There needs to be some stability on the backend to give a platform for the prospects to develop. Björnfot brings a great temperament that only helps those around him. Yes it’s an issue with his contract but we can’t develop players with a chaotic blue line, Björnfot really helps stabilize things if he maintains that level he has set.

Reactions: kilowatt

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Watched the game and was thinking there's more in Andersson's tank. Same age as Vilardi, JAD, Anderson and Hults. I really think they stay patient with him. Kid plays hard, just needs to find that confidence. It may be good to send him down for a weekend series with the Reign, just to get top minutes in all situations, not unlike what they've done with other players.

Hopefully that is the case. I feel like he doesn't quite have the offensive upside to play a top-6 role, especially not with the armada of talent waiting in the pipeline. He doesn't have the speed / skating of Moore, JAD or Wagner which is key in 'today's' NHL. But if he can show more of that compete element, I think he has enough skill to be a very good 3rd or 4th line player on playoff contending team.

I'm a fan of Andersson so I'm hoping he succeeds.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I was waiting for someone to make this into a GIF last night... Quick and his magic again.

You can't trust goalies. They will cheat their asses off every time. Exhibit A:

giggy_wants_to_be_no1.jpeg

Those pads won a Conn Smythe after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->