GDT: 2020-21 season game 13 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:00pm 2/11/21

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
What a botched coaching move on the challenge. Everyone in that building knew what happened except Boughner. It felt like the Kings were going to win tonight no matter what but that 5 on 3 was a real nail on the coffin.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I haven't seen a guy pass that hard in years

didn't think about it til you mentioned but i guess that was him i saw, he took a shot that was blocked or missed or something then the puck came back out to him at the point and he hammered a pass into someone that wasn't ready for it :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
didn't think about it til you mentioned but i guess that was him i saw, he took a shot that was blocked or missed or something then the puck came back out to him at the point and he hammered a pass into someone that wasn't ready for it :laugh:

They're good passes too! He hits the stick every time. They're just so f***ing hard :laugh:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
What a botched coaching move on the challenge. It felt like the Kings were going to win tonight no matter what but that move was a real nail on the coffin.

Ya, but have you ever seen a play like that where a player gets fouled and knocks the goalie out of position (without actually being pushed or knocked into the goalie)? It's kind of a weird play. Even Foxy hadn't seen a play like that.

But it definitely put the game out of reach at that point.

Reactions: The Butcher

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
What a botched coaching move on the challenge. Everyone in that building knew what happened except Boughner. It felt like the Kings were going to win tonight no matter what but that 5 on 3 was a real nail on the coffin.
Yes and no. In chess its called a desperado attack.

Reactions: The Butcher

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The long infirmary list says otherwise.

It’s a good thing.

That's true, I guess it's a tradeoff

First good play though, so that's a bummer

But Roy should be back, AA and Lizotte should be back. Walker might start skating maybe?

Ya, but have you ever seen a play like that where a player gets fouled and knocks the goalie out of position (without actually being pushed or knocked into the goalie)? It's kind of a weird play. Even Foxy hadn't seen a play like that.

But it definitely put the game out of reach at that point.

I've seen hooks and holds (pulls) throw a guy off balance and into the goalie, same concept really. But true never seen a highstick chop someone down

I know it seems like it's not real fair to Jones there and it's not a 'push' but can you imagine if you could prevent goals by just fouling someone near you into the goalie, same philosophy as penalty on an empty net = goal imo

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
JAD Grundstrom and Moore were awesome tonight. Strand looked like he was evolving after each shift. He and Maatta worked well together. Happy wherever Bjornfot ends up, I get the big picture but I love watching him play.

Came here to say the same thing. Kids were buzzing tonight!

Average age of that line is 23. :naughty:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i would've said that it's one of those challenges that you do to show confidence in your goalie but then i read boughner's postgame comments about jones

didn't know sheng peng was up in san jose now either

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Unfortunately he won't be the one selected. I'm still betting Walker is the odd man out.

while I agree w you they won’t take maatta, I don’t think walker gets exposed. Although if strand keeps this up, who knows.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Also man loved watching Bjornfot completely dismantle bigger players in Meier and Hertl repeatedly. So calm. And his work on that PK was sublime.

Seriously I was so dang impressed with how calm and collected he was. Not phased one bit with the bigger players and just solid as hail!!! You can tell he's just got it. But very reminiscent of a young Drew. He may not have the offense like Drew but he's just got something about him. Never like to jump ahead but he looks like he will be a top pairing dman.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
i would've said that it's one of those challenges that you do to show confidence in your goalie but then i read boughner's postgame comments about jones

didn't know sheng peng was up in san jose now either

It still trips me out that Sheng is a Sharks writer, met him a few times and he was always such a nice guy. I'm happy he is doing well though.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Seriously I was so dang impressed with how calm and collected he was. Not phased one bit with the bigger players and just solid as hail!!! You can tell he's just got it. But very reminiscent of a young Drew. He may not have the offense like Drew but he's just got something about him. Never like to jump ahead but he looks like he will be a top pairing dman.

With about 2 minutes left there was a sequence where he was covering a Shark who had the puck. Can't remember who it was, but he kept changing directions on the boards and I was so impressed by Bjornfots edge work. He never lost inside position and forced the puck carrier to cycle the puck. It was such a veteran looking play.

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
With about 2 minutes left there was a sequence where he was covering a Shark who had the puck. Can't remember who it was, but he kept changing directions on the boards and I was so impressed by Bjornfots edge work. He never lost inside position and forced the puck carrier to cycle the puck. It was such a veteran looking play.

That's the thing that really sticks out is his footwork to keep up with the forwards. Not one bit of worry in him and continuously play great positioning. Still early will have his ups and downs like everyone does, but my goodness for his first game of the year kid played like as mentioned a Vet. Not gonna get too excited but Toby is gonna be okay.

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

He was also captain of that Team Sweden team, so that should also tell you sumethin sumethin wink wink.

"He is a two-way, strong skating defender,” said Christian Ruuttu, the Kings Head European Scout. “He can play the power-play and penalty-kill and is a leader on his team highlighted by the gold medal this past spring, the first gold medal Sweden has won in the Under-18 Worlds. Each player we talked to talked about Tobias was him being a leader on their team. He is a special character player as well.”

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
He was also captain of that Team Sweden team, so that should also tell you sumethin sumethin wink wink.

"He is a two-way, strong skating defender,” said Christian Ruuttu, the Kings Head European Scout. “He can play the power-play and penalty-kill and is a leader on his team highlighted by the gold medal this past spring, the first gold medal Sweden has won in the Under-18 Worlds. Each player we talked to talked about Tobias was him being a leader on their team. He is a special character player as well.”

Pretty much why Drew raved about Toby at the start of last season and indirectly told the coaching staff please don't ever pair me up with Forbort ever again. LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad