2020/21 Roster Thread XII: Heartache Spoken Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Short of an extreme overpay, I do not know why Hamilton would want to come here. But I guess the same things could have been said in 2007 with Briere, Hartnell, and Timonen.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hamilton is the wrong personality fit for this team.

The roster already is too soft mentally & physically. Hamilton would just add to that problem at an enormous cap hit.

If they’re serious about culture change, they’re going to go in other directions.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Am I reading this correctly?

We give DET Ghost, 2021 1st, and 2021 6th round for their 2022 7th round pick?

What am I missing here?
DC09FD9B-0B31-4DB9-A7D9-02B14BF40686.gif

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Subpar season for Hayes after an excellent one.

Can you imagine the team last season without him at center?

Even this season. More reliance on Patrick? Dear God.

Hopefully he’ll bounce back. They’re still better off with him than without.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's a good thing that Fletcher and Scott don't seem to be in the mood to blow it up.

After reading some of the trade proposals here for a 50 ES point 24 year old center...
Odd how you left out the....in 68 games part. He paced for 61.5 ES pts/82 games last year.

I am sure it was an honest mistake....and not you being deceitful.

:rolleyes:

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
If a defenseman is taken in the expansion draft I could see Fletcher trading a middle 6 forward or a decent forward prospect for defensive help, I just hope he doesn’t trade Lindblom, Konecny, Allison or even Frost for a defenseman of lesser value and skill.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If a defenseman is taken in the expansion draft I could see Fletcher trading a middle 6 forward or a decent forward prospect for defensive help, I just hope he doesn’t trade Lindblom, Konecny, Allison or even Frost for a defenseman of lesser value and skill.
Don't worry....Konecny will be traded for Gaudreau instead.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Fletcher made a good point in the press conference: Since 2014 (Hextall era) this team invested heavily in drafting & developing young players, & now, in 2021, all of those young players with the exception of Farabee plateaued or took a step back. And they can’t change the entire team with a snap of the fingers, so they need more of those players to step up. It was an understated way of saying Hextall’s five year tenure has been a flop.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Odd how you left out the....in 68 games part. He paced for 61.5 ES pts/82 games last year.

I am sure it was an honest mistake....and not you being deceitful.

:rolleyes:

You trust his best season with an unsustainable Sh% is his norm? So Laughton is a 2C?
And he's still doesn't score in the top 20 in pp/60 the last three years (large sample).
Not exactly elite for a guy for which defense is an afterthought.

People here love second tier offense first guys. If you're gonna get one of these guys, break the bank for an elite scorer, not a very good scorer, we have those guys already - Couts, JVR, Voracek, G, TK, Farabee. Frost will probably be a 2+pp/60 guy when he settles in, maybe Allison. Foerster down the road, we'll see about Brink.

"oh look, a shiny new toy to replace the dented toys we already have. Oh, it's broken? Wonder if there's a warranty?"

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Fletcher made a good point in the press conference: Since 2014 (Hextall era) this team invested heavily in drafting & developing young players, & now, in 2021, all of those young players with the exception of Farabee plateaued or took a step back. And they can’t change the entire team with a snap of the fingers, so they need more of those players to step up. It was an understated way of saying Hextall’s five year tenure has been a flop.
Meanwhile, we have prospect Millman not playing in the AHL while AHL vets get the games instead.

Development baby!

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Hamilton is the wrong personality fit for this team.

The roster already is too soft mentally & physically. Hamilton would just add to that problem at an enormous cap hit.

If they’re serious about culture change, they’re going to go in other directions.
He wouldn't be my first choice either. He's a pretty good regular season player, but his playoff record doesn't scream missing piece to me and we don't need a player who disappears when it matters.

We'll have to see who else is even available though.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
He wouldn't be my first choice either. He's a pretty good regular season player, but his playoff record doesn't scream missing piece to me and we don't need a player who disappears when it matters.

We'll have to see who else is even available though.
Yeah, I’m reticent, also. He’s a good player, but probably the wrong fit, especially at the cap hit. They need more mental toughness, more guys willing to take hits to make plays. That’s not Hamilton.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
So therefore they can't play Millman?
They could. But if the coach doesn’t think he’s the best option, he shouldn’t be gifted a spot just because his junior league canceled the season. It’s not like the guy is a grade A prospect.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, I’m reticent, also. He’s a good player, but probably the wrong fit, especially at the cap hit. They need more mental toughness, more guys willing to take hits to make plays. That’s not Hamilton.
He seems like a guy who's easy to intimidate. The Bruins last playoffs knew exactly how to neutralize him.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Reminder on Eichel...paced for 87 pts then 94 pts the last 2 years before this injury plagued one. Also saw his PPG get better every year he has been in the league.

But don't worry, we have Allison, Foerster and Brink coming!

It is a no-brainer. For all the talk of potentially blowing it up, we could just save the time, pain, and uncertainty by just acquiring a 24 year old 1C on the trade market instead.

Reactions: Tripod

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It is a no-brainer. For all the talk of potentially blowing it up, we could just save the time, pain, and uncertainty by just acquiring a 24 year old 1C on the trade market instead.
Let's face it. It's the only way we'll ever get a player like him. Even when we win the lottery, we get the Nolan Patricks and JVRs and not the Eichels or Barkovs.

mize370

Nov 2, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
i like how everyone hates the season we just had but are unwilling to trade a lot the roster. I ask buffalo what they want. Anybody. and work from there. talk them into tasking AV and all his staff too!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad