2020/21 Roster Thread XII: Heartache Spoken Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
15 million isn’t much to Comcast. Didn’t the Flyers fire Lavy after he signed a extension? Not that I have trust in this organization because I don’t. Coaches have been fired before with money left on the contract

Its $15 + however many millions they have to pay a new coach

And this team isnt selling out with 2500 capacity

This franchise is in big trouble

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

I don’t buy that money is a factor with firing AV. Holmgren was given the order to fire his buddy Stevens or he would of got the pink slip as well.
The product currently sucks. No one wants to watch the same team with the same staff next year. Changes will happen. I am just trying to be optimistic about this offseason. Let me have that

Reactions: BernieParent

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don’t buy that money is a factor with firing AV. Holmgren was given the order to fire his buddy Stevens or he would of got the pink slip as well.
The product currently sucks. No one wants to watch the same team with the same staff next year. Changes will happen. I am just trying to be optimistic about this offseason. Let me have that

They dont care about what the fans want. Vigneault is going to be the coach when next season starts. I'm guessing he's fired in less than 20 games though.

Reactions: renberg

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
They dont care about what the fans want. Vigneault is going to be the coach when next season starts. I'm guessing he's fired in less than 20 games though.

Is 20~ games into AV's remaining $15 million really the difference between firing him later instead of now?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
We'll see. I definitely do not think AV is as safe as it is made out to be.

Which may be true, but Fletcher’s blatant answer that they are planning no coaching changes. I don’t know...

He seems like a guy that is honest with his conferences. He could have said something along the lines of “we will evaluate in the off-season but have confidence in the group” - but he gave a quick stamp of confidence.

Its just unfortunate because there are some decent candidates available now. Might not be later. A new HC would benefit coming in with a chance at a full camp.

If there is enough reason in their eyes to fire him early or mid season next year, it means the team is floundering and another season of shattered confidence isn’t good for anyone moving forward.

Fletcher is putting his head more on the chopping block hanging on to AV at this point. We recently had a GM who did the same thing. The loyalty is strange to me.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Which may be true, but Fletcher’s blatant answer that they are planning no coaching changes. I don’t know...

He seems like a guy that is honest with his conferences. He could have said something along the lines of “we will evaluate in the off-season but have confidence in the group” - but he gave a quick stamp of confidence.

Its just unfortunate because there are some decent candidates available now. Might not be later. A new HC would benefit coming in with a chance at a full camp.

If there is enough reason in their eyes to fire him early or mid season next year, it means the team is floundering and another season of shattered confidence isn’t good for anyone moving forward.

Fletcher is putting his head more on the chopping block hanging on to AV at this point. We recently had a GM who did the same thing. The loyalty is strange to me.
Lord knows, Clarke had no problem firing coaches, lol

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

I don't put much stock into Fletcher's blatant "No" answer. It is easier just to shut that question down now and re-evaluate at season's end than give an ambiguous "We'll evaluate all options" answer and have an all-but-certain cloud of firing hanging over the team.

I am interested to know both if Fletcher's head could be on the chopping block and where that pressure is coming from. I really don't think Dave Scott knows any better and I don't know either way what sort of influence "senior advisor" Paul Holmgren has in Scott's ear.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

AND it's the likely millions paid to Therrien and Yeo if fired as well. So could be $20+ million and the cost to replace them....so another 5-10 million.

So all the sudden it's a 25-30 million decision. And that's even if they "don't believe".....which we know they very likely believe that these "proven" coaches can get it done.....with the right lineup. So expect player movement this offseason in an attempt to make it "fletch and AV's team"

Could get ugly.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
"They want to do well, they're trying hard. I'm not going to get into specifics. Some guys for different reasons haven't been able to get their game to where it needs to be. I have an idea of the reason behind it; I'm not willing to share that at this time. At the end of the year, we'll talk and I'll answer your questions." ---AV

this stupid mother f***ing piece of shit is going to call out carter hart and I'm going to be so damn mad. Was it harts fault that his confidence got absolutely SHATTERED when you pulled elliot after the rangers were up 5-0? Was it harts fault that the first goal he let in was a breakaway when the team was completely scrambling? f***ing scumbag of a coach is going to call his players out like a rat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad