2020/21 Roster Thread XI: A Jambalaya of Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
@Magua @FLYguy3911 @Striiker @JojoTheWhale @Captain Dave Poulin

Hartnell on Provorov during Pre-Game Live:

"Plays hard minutes... So versatile... blocks shots... does the little things... great stick... If we had a couple more Provorov's it'd be a different outlook to the season. A building block defenseman."

Hartnell on Sanheim during Pre-Game Live:

"C or C+... Not consistent enough... Conditioning and things like that... Sometimes it's tough to watch."

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

"Plays hard minutes... So versatile... blocks shots... does the little things... great stick... If we had a couple more Provorov's it'd be a different outlook to the season. A building block defenseman."

"C or C+... Not consistent enough... Conditioning and things like that... Sometimes it's tough to watch."

17316551.jpg

Sanheim is better than Provorov.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
400+ ES minutes:

Provorov 65th pp/60
Sanheim 70th pp/60
Ghost 167th pp/60

Sanheim 46th xGF/60
Ghost 122nd
Provorov 129th

Maybe we should trade for a real offensive defenseman? :sarcasm:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don’t think Petry would be available to be honest. He’s the best of the bunch you listed there though in terms of best right now imo. He’s weirdly had his best years of his career recently. But he’s also 33 so who knows when the bottom falls out. He’s also signed to a sizable deal until he’s 37-38 years old.

I doubt Shattenkirk would be a target but the other three very could be & realistically more so available. Manson’s fallen off in recent years after being an analytic darling but who knows how much of that is tied to playing on a not so good Ducks team or not.

I agree on Petry, especially with Weber looking cooked. Bergevin would have to do a 180 on the Habs being competitive or the Flyers would have to pay much more than what Petry is worth. Shattenkirk I found interesting because the Ducks are in rebuild mode.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Aside from "undersized offensive defensemen" labels, York and Ghost don't really play anything alike. York's impact so far since his draft year has mostly been on the defensive side of the puck. Not that I don't agree that management sees him as a Ghost replacement.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

I don't know if he's dumb or if he's being fed lines by the higher ups, but either way that's just indisputably false.

Sanheim has consistently been better than Provorov for 3 years now, even while getting worse usage/partners. This year it's not even remotely close.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

This post is but a single bell pepper in the Jambalaya of Suffering.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't know if he's dumb or if he's being fed lines by the higher ups, but either way that's just indisputably false.

Sanheim has consistently been better than Provorov for 3 years now, even while getting worse usage/partners. This year it's not even remotely close.

What did I tell you about putting stock in what people paid by the team say?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Worked out well enough for Nashville with Jarnkrok.

Unless he’s the real reason they never won the Cup.

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
For example, if Ghost was a solid top four defenseman, he'd been claimed on waivers - Tanev got 4yr/$18M, Ghost only has 2yr/$9M at 28-29 after this season. If he's a legitimate top four D-man, he's a bargain (short term). The reality is he may be a top four for a few teams where he can be sheltered and they use his PP skills, but that's a small number. Nobody wanted his two out years, including teams that made TDL deals.

In the same way, does anyone think Provorov could hit waivers and not get claimed?

As far as Provorov - Sanheim, apples and oranges. Provorov has had an off season (suspect an unreported injury) yet he's a much better defender than Sanheim. Sanheim has more raw skill than Provorov, but he has yet to show he can close the deal, where is the Carlsson like scoring? Skating end to end only to make a lame pass after skating behind the opposing net isn't playmaking. He's not as good as a dozen other young mobile D-men who actually make goals happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
For example, if Ghost was a solid top four defenseman, he'd been claimed on waivers - Tanev got 4yr/$18M, Ghost only has 2yr/$9M at 28-29 after this season. If he's a legitimate top four D-man, he's a bargain (short term). The reality is he may be a top four for a few teams where he can be sheltered and they use his PP skills, but that's a small number. Nobody wanted his two out years, including teams that made TDL deals.

In the same way, does anyone think Provorov could hit waivers and not get claimed?

As far as Provorov - Sanheim, apples and oranges. Provorov has had an off season (suspect an unreported injury) yet he's a much better defender than Sanheim. Sanheim has more raw skill than Provorov, but he has yet to show he can close the deal, where is the Carlsson like scoring? Skating end to end only to make a lame pass after skating behind the opposing net isn't playmaking. He's not as good as a dozen other young mobile D-men who actually make goals happen.

Ah yes, the infallibility of waivers and NHL GMs. That certainly hasn't backfired, ever.

"If NAK were an NHL caliber forward, he'd have been claimed."

Last edited by a moderator:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ah yes, the infallibility of waivers and NHL GMs. That certainly hasn't backfired, ever.

"If NAK were an NHL caliber forward, he'd have been claimed."

Is NAK a NHL caliber forward? I'd say the jury is still out. After watching Allison, he's got a fight to get back into the lineup.

NAK had a good spring last year, but this year he's reverted to the same play that I called out in the AHL, and got dissed - inconsistent game to game, bad penalties, a stiff player who struggles to finish. I think he's fine as a 4RW, except this team has a lot of young forwards coming the next two years, and NAK better pick it up if he wants to keep a starting job.

Reactions: renberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce