2020/21 Roster Thread XI: A Jambalaya of Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There will always be an excuse to blame the coach, which I why I'm preemptively pointing it out for AV's eventual successor

Didn't really happen with Lavi though. Damned near everyone recognized he didn't know what to do with the roster and that was his fault, but mostly it was Homer's fault.

We haven't had good coaches since then.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Didn't really happen with Lavi though. Damned near everyone recognized he didn't know what to do with the roster and that was his fault, but mostly it was Homer's fault.

We haven't had good coaches since then.

I disagree with that. The universally understood playbook on Lavy is that, while he is a good coach, he has a noticeable shelf life, which he was closing in on. It was time to move on.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
So the other coaches aren't at fault, but Lavi was?

No, I never said the other coaches weren't at fault. I started off this entire thread by saying AV needs to go.

The point is that a coach's shortcomings are easy deflections for difficult conversations about our once precious prospects. AV is neurotically talked about on this forum when we have much more major underlying issues.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No, I never said the other coaches weren't at fault. I started off this entire thread by saying AV needs to go.

The point is that a coach's shortcomings are easy deflections for difficult conversations about our once precious prospects. AV is neurotically talked about on this forum when we have much more major underlying issues.

You must be missing the constant discussion about exactly those underlying issues, because that is discussed.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
AV happens to be a major part of that problem, along with MT and Gordon. He came out of NY renowned for being trash with young players.

Right, which is why he is an issue. But unless the same young players who have forgotten how to play hockey over the span of the last 12 months (When AV was also the coach) rebound, it won't matter who our next coach is.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Since this will be lost in the GDT, when Elliott is used as a backup and not overplayed, he did well:

Jan-Feb 28th: 5W-1L .931 SV%, 2.03 GAA

Mar1 onward: 8W-7L-2OTL .874 SV%, 4.20 GAA

From Mar 1 onward, has played over 50% of the games. He can't handle that workload. He would be a good #3 goalie next year...lol.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
AV happens to be a major part of that problem, along with MT and Gordon. He came out of NY renowned for being trash with young players.
Fletcher and AV/Therrrien/Yeo/Lappy/Gordon are without question the biggest problems with this franchise right now. By miles.

Even though there are definitely multiple players to blame, it's thanks to the staff that the shit players are on the team and most of the shitty performing players are being misused. Not to mention the negative effect their influence is having on even the best performing players. And never forget that they tried to get rid of our best D this year.

Defending the staff or pretending people are being too hard on them is unconscionable.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->