2020/21 Roster Thread VI: The Edge of Gory

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You're not getting an "exciting Phantoms defense" with the staff there. It's not on the table. For all of Hakstol's warts, he wasn't a coach who completely sunk you by definition. They're rare, but they've managed to hold on to one of them for 7 years.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You're not getting an "exciting Phantoms defense" with the staff there. It's not on the table. For all of Hakstol's warts, he wasn't a coach who completely sunk you by definition. They're rare, but they've managed to hold on to one of them for 7 years.

Another Flyer's monkey paw is my desire to see the AHL and NHL teams play the same style. Well, I got my f***ing wish. Good for me I f***ing guess.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wait, aren't Provorov, Sanheim and Myers playing for the Flyers? They weren't prospects?
Heck even Manning got a shot.
Maybe Friedman just isn't that good, an AHL+ player.

I think the last Flyer defenseman they misjudged was Seidenberg, and that was 15 years ago.

Hagg is your #7, and Flyers may have 7 D-prospects in the AHL by April who have more upside than Friedman. Getting pretty crowded, and that's ignoring Andrae and Ginning.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wait, aren't Provorov, Sanheim and Myers playing for the Flyers? They weren't prospects?
Heck even Manning got a shot.
Maybe Friedman just isn't that good, an AHL+ player.

I think the last Flyer defenseman they misjudged was Seidenberg, and that was 15 years ago.

Hagg is your #7, and Flyers may have 7 D-prospects in the AHL by April who have more upside than Friedman. Getting pretty crowded, and that's ignoring Andrae and Ginning.

You've been claiming the Flyers will begin using all this talent any year now for how many years? And it never happens. They go get more Brauns and Thompsons and Stewart's and haul Hogg out ahead of better players year after year.

Let's not forget that getting Myers and Sanheim into the roster consistently was like pulling teeth and Sanheim is still under utilized.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You've been claiming the Flyers will begin using all this talent any year now for how many years? And it never happens. They go get more Brauns and Thompsons and Stewart's and haul Hogg out ahead of better players year after year.

Let's not forget that getting Myers and Sanheim into the roster consistently was like pulling teeth and Sanheim is still under utilized.

He's playing 21:52. I think that's being utilized.

He's not on the PP because he's not nearly as good as a QB as Gus or Ghost, and not as good a shooter as Provorov (now why Provorov isn't paired with Gus or Ghost . . . ).

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's an incredible place.

Think of how clueless the Flyers beats are, then realize that there's people who know even less and follow them because they recognize the beats know more than they do.

For example...

giphy.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He's playing 21:52. I think that's being utilized.

He's not on the PP because he's not nearly as good as a QB as Gus or Ghost, and not as good a shooter as Provorov (now why Provorov isn't paired with Gus or Ghost . . . ).

He's barely been tried at PP QB, and no playing on an MT shitshow doesn't count as a real opportunity. That's like being given a rock and being told to carve a wooden spoon from it.

It's stunning how needlessly difficult we make things for our young players. Couturier followed a brutal and stupid path. TK was stapled to VDV being wasted for months while blatantly playing like a top-6 player. Sanheim, Ghost, and Myers have all sat so worse players could play. Frost. NAK. Now Friedman. Now Kase behind Morin. This exhausting and detrimental shit never ends. They do their utmost to make success as unlikely as possible. It's gone on across regimes, because the people up top value this shit and hire these values over and over and the result is always failure and will always be failure.

The only players who haven't been given a brutally stupid path are Giroux, Provorov, B Schenn, and f***ing Hagg of all people. The average depth player gets five games and gets dumped aside. These other players have succeeded by virtue of relentless talent. Who knows how many players this team has wasted over the years with their anti-development process predicated on an exaggerated "back in my day" mode of thinking.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Well, it would help if they weren't the walking wounded, Laczynski, Allison, et al.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh forget hockey. I need more info on the risotto. Did you toast the rice and heat the stock up separately like a good noodle?
You better believe it. ;)

Started with olive oil and shallots
Then added Arborio rice and toasted
Added a little white wine (bought exclusively for the risotto)
Then slowly add chicken broth that’s simmering in a separate pot, 1/2 cup at a time.
Stir
Broth
Stir
Broth
Stir
Repeat forever
Then add a little butter, some grated cheese, some pepper, and done.

It’s very plain because these are leftover ingredients from when I made arancini last week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad