2020/21 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If there wasn't freakin expansion, we should be making moves to be a possible championship team. Couldn't have happened in a worse year.

I mean, we could still make moves and figure it out later.

For starters, if it's a player for player move it might not have any bearing on expansion (such as the rumored Jake + Ghost for Gaudreau).

Can't really afford any UFA signings regardless of expansion.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lindblom Coots Tk

Wasn’t this the line that was on fire to start the year?

Yeah, Lindblom-Couturier-Konecny was together from game 1 until game 19. After that they were split up and we had some different combinations until Lindblom was taken out for treatment after game 30.

But I don't think they should re-unite them. Those three could potentially be our 3 highest individual goal scorers next year and putting them all together without any of our best playmakers is probably not the best idea, both as far as what's best for the team and them individually. Not to mention our playmakers need people to pass to, otherwise they're wasted as well.

That's why I've been suggesting this:

Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
Giroux-Frost-Konecny

Basically two first lines and each one has a nice balance of playmaking and goal scoring, without sacrificing any quality.

So you second line is Giroux - Hayes - Voracek?
I'd rather be shot in the head. Hayes can not be with anyone who needs the puck on their stick to be effective. He's too detrimental to his linemates.

Put him with guys like JVR and/or Farabee.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm also in the "reunited Oskar-Coots-TK" camp.

They flattened the competition when together in the 1st half. I think their run ended when TK got concussed and a few days later came the Oskar diagnosis.

Lindblom - Coots - TK
Giroux - Frost/Hayes - Jake
JVR - Frost/Hayes - Farabee
Raffl - Laughton - NAK

If they trade JVR simply move Laughton to 3LW and plug Bunnaman or Laczynski into 4C. If they trade Laughton, same 4C replacement options.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You gotta feel that a new GM, now with a new coach with a year under the belt, will want to make changes to make it "their" team.

Deep down, I think we could see more deals than we expect.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lindblom-Couturier-TK wasn't our only dominant line last year. Others had comparable numbers.

At 5v5...
Lindblom-Couts-TK
Giroux-Frost-TK
Giroux-Couts-Voracek
TOI
177:43​
90:30​
252:43​
CF%
58.39​
58.37​
57.31​
xGF%
54.46​
54.98​
58.31​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Point being, it's not a no-brainer to put them back together and we have many options.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'm also in the "reunited Oskar-Coots-TK" camp.

They flattened the competition when together in the 1st half. I think their run ended when TK got concussed and a few days later came the Oskar diagnosis.

Lindblom - Coots - TK
Giroux - Frost/Hayes - Jake
JVR - Frost/Hayes - Farabee
Raffl - Laughton - NAK

If they trade JVR simply move Laughton to 3LW and plug Bunnaman or Laczynski into 4C. If they trade Laughton, same 4C replacement options.

And if Nolan is back, zero room for JVR.

Oskar Couts TK gives a legit top line that could absolutely dominate, would be so sick. Still hoping for a third line of Frost Nolan Farabee

Reactions: Adtar02

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Promote Lyon, NP get $1m, and PM gets $2.2m.

ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES
q2.svg
BONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$80,753,060$66,037$582,500$746,940
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

By Bye Brauny - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I like your salary estimates, but I love your team name.

Reactions: Curufinwe

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Yeah, Lindblom-Couturier-Konecny was together from game 1 until game 19. After that they were split up and we had some different combinations until Lindblom was taken out for treatment after game 30.

But I don't think they should re-unite them. Those three could potentially be our 3 highest individual goal scorers next year and putting them all together without any of our best playmakers is probably not the best idea, both as far as what's best for the team and them individually. Not to mention our playmakers need people to pass to, otherwise they're wasted as well.

That's why I've been suggesting this:

Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
Giroux-Frost-Konecny

Basically two first lines and each one has a nice balance of playmaking and goal scoring, without sacrificing any quality.

I'd rather be shot in the head. Hayes can not be with anyone who needs the puck on their stick to be effective. He's too detrimental to his linemates.

Put him with guys like JVR and/or Farabee.

When I saw a second line of G Hayes Vora I thought the same thing, who is going to score?

Hopefully Frost, Farabee and NAK step up and start scoring more. I love NAK’s shot and would like to see him play with better playmaking line mates and see what happens

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost ain't gonna be the 2C, he'll play 12 minutes a night at ES and maybe 2 minutes on PP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad