2020/21 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Provorov plays like an elite #1 in the d-zone, but is more like a 2/3 damn offensively. Part of the reason he is so polarizing.
Yeah, he's good when set up the defensive zone but he can be pretty bad when set up in the offensive zone.

His positive offensive impact is usually on the rush (where he's very, very good) but when they're set up he just seems too static and indecisive, which is why he's so poor on the PP. He's just not a creative or deceptive player.

I think this would be exposed as a weakness more obviously if he didn't spend so much time with our top forwards and strong defensive partners.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Yeah, he's good when set up the defensive zone but he can be pretty bad when set up in the offensive zone.

His positive offensive impact is usually on the rush (where he's very, very good) but when they're set up he just seems too static and indecisive, which is why he's so poor on the PP. He's just not a creative or deceptive player.

I think this would be exposed as a weakness more obviously if he didn't spend so much time with our top forwards and strong defensive partners.

His great plays on the rush and terrible instincts on the powerplay is baffling to me. It's like when he's playing on instinct it's great and crushes it without overthinking, but when it slows down he gets tunnel vision and you question why they ever deploy him past the red line.

Is it possible for a player to have great instincts offensively but terrible IQ? Because that's what Ivan feels like.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad