Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Which name bothers you, Drew or Helleson?

Drew is an ok name. It’s a lot better than Blaine. Blaine sounds like someone who often likes to have a good cry.
It's the combination. Drew can work, as with Doughty, but Helleson commands a punchier name; a no-helmet, giant mustache type of name.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Drew is an ok name. It’s a lot better than Blaine. Blaine sounds like someone who often likes to have a good cry.

Drew is the name a guy that previously went by Andy goes with when he gets out of anger management and wants everyone to think he's calm, cool and collected now.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Drew's new nickname.

hellboy-movies-poster-01.jpg

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
haha, drew looks like a taller version of these twins that worked with me as students creeps me out, but i love what hes showing. even if at the nhl he can be a stay at home guy with a good passing that can just b a good #4 thats big especially as a 2nd round pick

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Sorry guys, but Drew Helleson is just a weak hockey name. Trade him while there's still value.

It's the combination. Drew can work, as with Doughty, but Helleson commands a punchier name; a no-helmet, giant mustache type of name.

Hank Helleson would be better?

Drew is the name a guy that previously went by Andy goes with when he gets out of anger management and wants everyone to think he's calm, cool and collected now.

You're crazy. The "Helly Celly" headlines are already written and sitting in the drafts folder

Drew's new nickname.

hellboy-movies-poster-01.jpg

haha, drew looks like a taller version of these twins that worked with me as students creeps me out, but i love what hes showing. even if at the nhl he can be a stay at home guy with a good passing that can just b a good #4 thats big especially as a 2nd round pick

I am disturbed by Avs nicknames like Josty, Burky and Landy.

I’m disturbed by the supreme lameness of hockey nicknames.

And... this is how we know the Avs are on break :laugh:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Some good quotes on how Helleson, Ambrosio, and Newhook are doing at BC this season:

Boston College Men’s Hockey Weekend (and midweek) Thoughts

Friday night’s overtime win against BU ended with a goal of the year candidate from Drew Helleson that I think we could all benefit from watching again:
That’s just an incredible play from Helleson, who has taken a massive step forward after what had already been an impressive freshman season. This was just a glimpse of some of the individual talent he can flash, but his entire game really has rounded into form in a way that I didn’t really expect, at least not this quickly.

Along with Ambrosio, Eamon Powell, and a few others, this looks like an awfully strong freshman class for the Eagles.

NEWHOOK RETURNS TO SOME MIXED RESULTS
One bit of excellent news we got before Friday’s game was that Alex Newhook would finally be able to draw back into the lineup after playing just one prior game for the Eagles. Newhook immediately took his spot on alongside Matt Boldy and Mike Hardman on a line that looked flat out dominant towards the end of last season.
And for the most part, the line looked good. Not dominant, but good, particularly on Friday night. They didn’t manage to score at even strength, but they did create some good scoring chances and put pressure on the BU defense pretty regularly. Newhook and Boldy also connected on a power play goal on Friday night, but Newhook’s return certainly didn’t solve all of the team’s problems on the man advantage as some of us may have hoped.
Newhook showed some rust after coming back from a lengthy injury, but that wasn’t all that surprising and the good in his game definitely outweighed the bad. If he and his line can get back to where they were during the second half of last season, they’ll be a force every time they step on the ice.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Unfortunately I think Boldy is going to be a hell of a player for the Wylde. A perfect linemate for someone like Kaprizov.

Yeah, the Wild forward group is going to be loaded very soon.

It’s already pretty good, soon it will be among the best in the league.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yeah, the Wild forward group is going to be loaded very soon.

It’s already pretty good, soon it will be among the best in the league.

Their winger depth will be among the best with Boldy, Fiala, Kaprizov, Greenway, and Rossi but I have a hard time calling it best in the league or even close with that center depth. I don't think Rossi will be a center in the NHL. Eriksson Ek may become a good #2C, I don't see #1 potential though.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
ahh must be me since im an andy to family and close friends LOL really andre but yeah

with a bad tamper too like foppa when i played xD

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Their winger depth will be among the best with Boldy, Fiala, Kaprizov, Greenway, and Rossi but I have a hard time calling it best in the league or even close with that center depth. I don't think Rossi will be a center in the NHL. Eriksson Ek may become a good #2C, I don't see #1 potential though.

Rossi’s development is a big part of it for sure. As for Eriksson Ek, I don’t know if it will last, but he’s certainly played like a 1C this season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they surpass the Avs forward group in a couple years.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Can anyone that has watched BC comment on how Ambrosio has looked. 11 points in 15 seems pretty good for a freshman.
He’s been good, speedy and involved in the play. Pleasantly surprised at his defense too. Reminds me a bit like Conor Garland. A couple weeks ago looked like he was fighting through something, he just could not hold the puck at all and stopped taking draws. He’s better now and I think was back to his old self last weekend. I do think he’s better at center and he’s on the wing now to stay in the top 6. The production is legit, hasn’t come cheaply at all.

Reactions: Richard88

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nestorenko and Khusnutdinov have real potential at center, and many still like Boldy at center too. The Wild have been gobbling up talent the last few drafts. I'm not a fan of all of their picks, but they are starting to build quite the pool. Grabbing Addison the Pens trade last year really helps their defensive group going forward. He's going to be a top 4 guy real soon.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Nestorenko and Khusnutdinov have real potential at center, and many still like Boldy at center too. The Wild have been gobbling up talent the last few drafts. I'm not a fan of all of their picks, but they are starting to build quite the pool. Grabbing Addison the Pens trade last year really helps their defensive group going forward. He's going to be a top 4 guy real soon.
Bracket's finger prints are all over the last draft. They did extremely well, grabbing Rossi at 9, then Khusnutdinov, O'Rourke, Hunt, Novak. Great haul. They're building something really good there for the first time, unfortunately.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bracket's finger prints are all over the last draft. They did extremely well, grabbing Rossi at 9, then Khusnutdinov, O'Rourke, Hunt, Novak. Great haul. They're building something really good there for the first time, unfortunately.

Rossi and Khusnutdinov are very solid prospects (though I think they will regret passing on Lundell), but wasn't a huge fan of the last three picks. Especially O'Rourke. Novak was a worthy chance to take if his skating can clean up. The 2019 draft looks like their real gem of a draft. They have a legit chance at 3-4 NHL players from that draft.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Rossi and Khusnutdinov are very solid prospects (though I think they will regret passing on Lundell), but wasn't a huge fan of the last three picks. Especially O'Rourke. Novak was a worthy chance to take if his skating can clean up. The 2019 draft looks like their real gem of a draft. They have a legit chance at 3-4 NHL players from that draft.

And the 2015 draft. Eriksson EK, Greenway, and Kaprizov is a pretty good haul.

Reactions: henchman21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad