Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I refuse to get excited about Beucage until I see it in the AHL. Been disappointed too many times with these picks outside the 1st round lol
The way I do it is figure out of Alphabet, Kovalenko, Mutala, Foudy, Ambrosio, Sampo, Rolston, Wiess, Steinberg, I think at least two will turn into good forwards.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I saw those two games this weekend. It’s a nice honor for Clurman but I think it’s not going to take long to see Leivermann is the best defenseman on the team, maybe even best player. There’s a real talent void on that Irish team. It’s early, nobody has played in forever yada yada but it looked to me that Clurman isn’t going to be able to handle top pair while Leivermann’s defense has taken a step to pretty good. Rolston did well for his first games in the NCAA, good energy and tenacity but I’m utterly perplexed about his hunched skating posture. He leans so far over, he basically looks literally like a 7 on skates. He’s going to get his head taken off relatively soon. I’m sure he’s tried to work on it, idk it’s something that will have to be addressed.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

upload_2020-11-15_15-17-29.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He’s been pretty awful by the looks of it. Perhaps a month off prior to coming back to North America wouldn’t be bad for the head. Goaltenders don’t just lose talent. It’s so much between the ears.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
For those suffering from hockey withdrawals, this may be of interest. It is the 2019 Summer Showcase game between Canada and Sweden. Byram, Newhook, and Barron all played in the game (I believe it was the only game that Byram played). Byram and Barron played as a defensive pairing in the game.

It is an interesting watch. Regarding Barron, the most impressive part of his play in this game to me was his gap control, particularly his aggressive play in breaking up the offensive attack in the neutral zone and at the blueline. Barron displayed this in Canada's game against the US in the Summer Showcase when he stepped up with a huge neutral zone hit against Joel Farabee. Farabee appeared to be shaken up by the hit.

Byram and Barron combined for the primary and secondary assists on Canada's first goal (about a minute into the game), although it was Byram who really made the play.

I almost forgot to mention that during the first intermission, Brad McEwen was interviewed (head scout for Hockey Canada). He was asked if any player jumped out to him and he responded by stating Justin Barron. McEwen indicated that he was a big fan of Barron's game and that Barron had done a lot for Hockey Canada in the past. It may not mean anything, but it may be worth mentioning with the WJC team bubble opening up (approximately 37:10 mark of video).

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Good news. They're going to stream the three red vs. white scrimmages on TSN.ca. That might mean getting to watch Byram, Newhook, and Barron this weekend.

Reactions: MaKarter

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Beaucage scored a natural quad trick in 10 minutes to win the game in OT today. Whatever league you are in that’s kinda good.

Should've been higher in our prospect rankings.:sarcasm:

Question: How do they have the pucks from his first and second goals of the hat/quad trick? They don't save every puck after every goal. Weren't those pucks just put back into play at the next faceoff and then eventually shot out of play or rotated out for new pucks after a while? Heck, the second and third goals were probably scored with the same puck since they were only 30 seconds apart. Ultimately it doesn't matter, but I've always wondered that when I see pictures of guys with hat trick pucks.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Newhook vs. Byram and Barron.

edit:

So much for that. Rishaug says Newhook and the other NCAA players have to skate separately in a group of 10 for the next two weeks so they can't even participate in the full camp yet.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Newhook was supposed to go home and quarantine for 2 weeks prior to arriving, wouldn’t that have been better? Not that I know the specifics of their arrangements however.

It's only a difference of a few days because he told Clark he was leaving BC on the 13th so maybe they felt it'd be better to train in Red Deer with some staff and other players. I don't know specifics either but based on that info, I guess he could quarantine by himself at home until the 27th or do this and then join the main group 3-4 days later than that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Assuming they're taking multiple tests and receiving multiple negative results, there's no point to quarantining or skating on your own anyway. They're making this harder than it needs to be.

Quarantining before hand is smart because it cuts down on the risk of getting the virus, but the only purpose for quarantining afterwards is if someone might have been exposed to the virus and may have it.

If they've been receiving multiple negative test results, it's highly likely they don't have the virus, and they're just as safe, if not safer to be around than anybody else in Canada.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's only a difference of a few days because he told Clark he was leaving BC on the 13th so maybe they felt it'd be better to train in Red Deer with some staff and other players. I don't know specifics either but based on that info, I guess he could quarantine by himself at home until the 27th or do this and then join the main group 3-4 days later than that.
Divver said he didn’t leave until Friday so idk.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Newhook was supposed to go home and quarantine for 2 weeks prior to arriving, wouldn’t that have been better? Not that I know the specifics of their arrangements however.
If he came to NL he would have to spend two full weeks in his house. Can’t even go for a walk.

The AB loophole allows him to skate and train within a small group during his “quarantine”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad