Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect Info

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Do you think Sellgren is related to Bleedgren? :sarcasm:
There is a Finnish army joke where the captain asks the names of two Swedish-speaking recruits.

- "Jag förstår inte..."
- "Jag förstår inte heller..."
"Oh, brothers, eh?", says the captain.

Reactions: bleedgreen

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
uh, Chad LaRose WAS top 6, dummy.
ThornyGrouchyImpala-max-1mb.gif

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I wonder how many prospects, if any, will be invited to camp?

With only the proposed 10 days, you have to think RBA will not want to dilly-dally. He’ll probably hone in on the players most likely to be on the opening night roster from day 1. But, there’s also the taxi squad that you’ll also have to choose, so guys like Bracco, Shore, Forsling, etc. will also need evaluation.

I’m hoping they can get guys like Jarvis and Rees into camp, just to they get a taste of training camp. Who knows when they’ll be able to play actual games again in the WHL and OHL respectively. I’m thinking Suzuki will automatically be in camp and have a shot, albeit a long shot, at a roster or taxi squad slot.

I’d also like to seek Bokk finally come over, but that seems unlikely as the SHL guys (Gunler, Sellgren, Bokk and Drury) seem to actually be playing regularly and getting some development time.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Elite Prospects has Carolina at #4. Here's the list of 15 that they ranked. They said that they unfortunately had to leave out a bunch, including Fensore, Murray, Kochetkov, and Wall (all of whom I really like), because (by their words) the farm depth is kind of bonkers. Here's the list, but if you want to read the article, you need to pay up. They said that after Jarvis, their rankings were basically a complete tossup: a lot of NHL-projectable talent, but mainly role guys outside of, of course, Jarvis, who they say is a core piece guy. They placed Geekie at #2 mainly because he was the most NHL-ready of the giant role-player bubble: The EliteProspects Rinkside 2020-21 Off-Season Prospect Pool Rankings: the No. 4-ranked Carolina Hurricanes - EP Rinkside

1. Seth Jarvis
2. Morgan Geekie
3. Noel Gunler
4. Jack Drury
5. Joey Keane
6. Jake Bean
7. Ryan Suzuki
8. Patrik Puistola
9. Jesper Sellgren
10. Dominik Bokk
11. Jamieson Rees
12. David Cotton
13. Vasili Ponomaryov
14. Tuukka Tieksola
15. Anttoni Honka

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Elite Prospects has Carolina at #4. Here's the list of 15 that they ranked. They said that they unfortunately had to leave out a bunch, including Fensore, Murray, Kochetkov, and Wall (all of whom I really like), because (by their words) the farm depth is kind of bonkers. Here's the list, but if you want to read the article, you need to pay up. They said that after Jarvis, their rankings were basically a complete tossup: a lot of NHL-projectable talent, but mainly role guys outside of, of course, Jarvis, who they say is a core piece guy. They placed Geekie at #2 mainly because he was the most NHL-ready of the giant role-player bubble: The EliteProspects Rinkside 2020-21 Off-Season Prospect Pool Rankings: the No. 4-ranked Carolina Hurricanes - EP Rinkside

1. Seth Jarvis
2. Morgan Geekie
3. Noel Gunler
4. Jack Drury
5. Joey Keane
6. Jake Bean
7. Ryan Suzuki
8. Patrik Puistola
9. Jesper Sellgren
10. Dominik Bokk
11. Jamieson Rees
12. David Cotton
13. Vasili Ponomaryov
14. Tuukka Tieksola
15. Anttoni Honka
Keane above Bean is interesting. He’s also pretty high up in general. I agree we tend to undervalue him a bit, he had a great rookie year.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Keane above Bean is interesting. He’s also pretty high up in general. I agree we tend to undervalue him a bit, he had a great rookie year.

No matter what, even if only Jarvis becomes a core piece, this is a pretty exciting farm system in the sense that we may have a lot of team-controlled talent to play around with in the 4-12 forward and the 3-6 defensive slots. It'll certainly make for fun trade deadlines in the years to come.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

1. Seth Jarvis
2. Morgan Geekie
3. Noel Gunler
4. Jack Drury
5. Joey Keane
6. Jake Bean
7. Ryan Suzuki
8. Patrik Puistola
9. Jesper Sellgren
10. Dominik Bokk
11. Jamieson Rees
12. David Cotton
13. Vasili Ponomaryov
14. Tuukka Tieksola
15. Anttoni Honka
Gunler at #3 is a bit of a surprise honestly...that is a good-looking and promising prospect pool. Unless someone develops a bunch we're probably not getting a 1st liner out of that, but a lot of really good middle six potential

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
We’re getting a high rank for the depth which is deserved, but it’s hard to think of us as truly being that high when the group is devoid of top prospects like some other teams. Depth is huge and will pay dividends you’d expect, but we’re lucky to get one or two second liners out of that really large group. Not sure how high a ceiling the D have yet, though Keane and Bean could hypothetically end up second pair types. That would bump the value of the list up for sure.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We’re getting a high rank for the depth which is deserved, but it’s hard to think of us as truly being that high when the group is devoid of top prospects like some other teams. Depth is huge and will pay dividends you’d expect, but we’re lucky to get one or two second liners out of that really large group. Not sure how high a ceiling the D have yet, though Keane and Bean could hypothetically end up second pair types. That would bump the value of the list up for sure.
I agree, we dont have a lot of high end prospects as ours have already graduated (Svech and Necas). I believe, despite our high rankings, we dont have a top 40 prospect. We'll see how it works out for us.

Last edited:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011

One really nice thing about a deep farm is that if a future rebuilding team wants to sell one of their stars, say maybe Nashville with Filip Forsberg next offseason if they decide to go full-rebuild, we'll have the copious assets required to do one of those 4 or 5-for-1 deals. Prospects don't necessarily have to play games for us in order to be successful draft picks.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Would love to hear the reasoning for Ponomaryov below Cotton.
I felt the same way. I'm guessing the fact that he's closer to the NHL at this point played a role. This list favored guys like Geekie and Keane because they're at most a small step away from being there even if the ceiling in Cotton's case may not be to the same level. Cotton could get called up this year with some injuries and Ponomaryov is a couple of years away if and only if he develops.

I'm really hoping Ponomaryov gets to play a bit in the WJC's, looking forward to seeing him. One list showed him as the extra forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad