Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect Info

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Alex Nedeljkovic sounds like a speedy winger without particularly good skills. He would tease you occasionally to think he could score 20 goals and be top 6, but always ends up as a pker who plays bottom 6 and scores 10, but fans still love him due to his effort.

Nedeljkovic, Larose, sure why not very similar

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
What are your thoughts on Alex Nedeljkovic? I have him in fantasy hockey and a few guys keep trying to get him from me. Is there something I should know? Does he have hidden potential?

Alex Needlenose has some raw skills and athleticism but he’s kind of a spaz in net and has lacks awareness and positioning. Like a less polished version of Mrazek which is a weird thing to say.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
You just needed to stop at “Imagine being Chad LaRose.”
51J7JBEMH1L.jpg

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Jarvis and Rees cut. Suzuki makes the final roster.

Canes in the WJC has whittled down quite a bit with Puistola, Jarvis, Rees, Nikishin, and Pashin out.

Team Sweden should be fun to watch with Gunler and Nybeck. Plus Suzuki was playing on the #1PP for Canada. Ponomarev for Russia.

Last edited:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The bright side of Rees and Jarvis being cut is that perhaps now they can make it to the big club’s training camp. They likely have no chance to stick, but it’d be nice to get them both to Raleigh and allow the team to get a gauge of where they’re both at.

Rees has only been to the one rookie camp after he was drafted and Jarvis has yet to get into town. Maybe it’d also be a good time to get them both signed to ELCs as well.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
f***in bullsh*t cutting Seth Jarvis he’s better than half those players

Jarvis very likely makes it if Dach and Byfield aren’t there. Any other year, Jarvis would be a shoe-in, at least in my estimatation. I think out of Jarvis and Rees, the omission of Rees is much more of a headscratcher based on camp reports.

I’m excited to see Ponomarev for Russia and hopefully Gunler and Nybeck for Sweden. Hopefully also Suzuki gets some meaningful ice-time.

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
The bright side of Rees and Jarvis being cut is that perhaps now they can make it to the big club’s training camp. They likely have no chance to stick, but it’d be nice to get them both to Raleigh and allow the team to get a gauge of where they’re both at.

Rees has only been to the one rookie camp after he was drafted and Jarvis has yet to get into town. Maybe it’d also be a good time to get them both signed to ELCs as well.
An interesting side to this is if they don't have an active junior team they are required to be sent to, it'll be interesting to see if they can be signed and put on the taxi squad or in the minors as long as that's the case.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Rees definitely deserved to be there based on reports. Guy is a gamer and looks to be a good 2nd/3rd line wrecking ball for us.

Jarvis is younger than a lot of the others at camp so they’re probably thinking he’ll be there next year. Jarvis was most likely on the fence as a pick but they opted for players with more experience from last year. He’s a good one and will be there soon. Byfield definitely didn’t deserve to make the team based on his camp but he’s getting in on pedigree

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Ponomaryov has made it to the Team Russia WJC roster.

On the other hand, Nikishin didn't make it (I guess mainly due to the lack of IIHF permit and possibly because of being injured now too) and, imo, that's the biggest loss for the team.
I thought they had reported he was ineligible due to the "heart condition"?

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Yeah, that's what I mean. Still there were slight hopes that it could be done, as both the KHL and the Canes are ok with his health, but I guess not in the covid era.
Gotcha...yea I'm not sure either what kind of issue makes him eligible to play regularly but not WJC/IIHF? Unless they feel it increases his "risk" factor during COVID? But they're doing WJC in a bubble where he's probably safest? Would it be conspiracy theorist of me to say it's actually because he lays big hits and they don't like anyone but Canada doing that at WJC :sarcasm:

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad