Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect Info

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
bokk played 11 minutes and did not score today.

Drury is in the 2nd period and scored the only goal for Vaxjo. no video yet but it was a redirection when on the PP. Orebro is taking to Vaxjo with a 3-1 lead.

Sellgren is early in the 2nd period and played 11 minutes with no scoring, so far.

Liiga starts back up tomorrow

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Frolunda came back to win their game against Linkoping 4-3. Sellgren played 20 minutes and had an assist. Drury's Vaxjo was beat down 6-2. He played 15 and half minutes, had 2 penalties, was minus 2, won 60% of his FOs, and finished with the previously mentioned goal.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Pono is a legit nhl prospect, obviously the ceiling is the question at this point. He skates well enough, plays with enough desire, has great app hands an vision. Playing in the Q makes it tough to rate.

His game is more transferable to pro than Gunler or Puistola in that he can be a role player with less difficulty.

I’ve been impressed with the Czechs 5v5, not a lot of room to judge our guys or Holtz/Raymond.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Pono is a legit nhl prospect, obviously the ceiling is the question at this point. He skates well enough, plays with enough desire, has great app hands an vision. Playing in the Q makes it tough to rate.

His game is more transferable to pro than Gunler or Puistola in that he can be a role player with less difficulty.

I’ve been impressed with the Czechs 5v5, not a lot of room to judge our guys or Holtz/Raymond.
I agree on Ponomaryov and a guy like Drury and Rees have more of a chance than the boom or bust guys. Of course the ceiling is the question. These seem more like Francis type picks than DW.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I agree on Ponomaryov and a guy like Drury and Rees have more of a chance than the boom or bust guys. Of course the ceiling is the question. These seem more like Francis type picks than DW.

Yorke and Tulsky seem to swing their hardest at the nose and tail ends of drafts. Their 2nd round seems to focus more on getting two-way guys.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The way you put that made me look him up. Raleigh born son of Marek Malik, one Nick Malik.

Oh, Marek, I remember him. As much as I like to joke about a Ceci-Bogosian pairing utterly dominating at the World Juniors, Ol' Marek may just be the pinnacle example of how even the "less offensively skilled" and "awkward-looking" NHL players are some of the most skilled hockey players on Earth:

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Suzuki scored. 7-1 about 8 minutes into the 2nd?!?! My goodness.

Feel bad for the Germans. It was going to be a tough game and they would have been big underdogs even with a full roster but to have 9 players test positive for COVID and have to play with a shortened roster against Canada... that’s gonna be a bad day.

Glad Suzuki scored but it was an open net on one of the many gaffs that the German goaltending made while handling the puck today.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I'm curious how they determine groups? Because it looks like they gave Canada a relative cake-walk while SWE/RUS/USA is gonna be an absolute fight. Also, is USA "only" winning 11-0 disappointing considering they put up 70+ shots compared to CAN 16-2 win? USA hockey has been thoroughly disappointing for the most part the past few years with their inconsistency. Silver in 2019 quickly replaced by 6th place last year :dunce: So much talent but always look like less than the sum of their parts

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm curious how they determine groups? Because it looks like they gave Canada a relative cake-walk while SWE/RUS/USA is gonna be an absolute fight. Also, is USA "only" winning 11-0 disappointing considering they put up 70+ shots compared to CAN 16-2 win? USA hockey has been thoroughly disappointing for the most part the past few years with their inconsistency. Silver in 2019 quickly replaced by 6th place last year :dunce: So much talent but always look like less than the sum of their parts
I believe it's based on the previous standings. Something like 1, 4, 5, 8, 9 and 2, 3, 6, 7, promoted team. Weird results in a year can lead to odd groups the next year as opposed to a ranking of the actual hockey nation which would likely be more balanced.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Germany’s goaltending was atrocious. I stopped watching at about 8-1 or 9-1 and I’d say at least half the goals at that point were absolute softies. 3 were from goalies mishandling the puck or failing to hang onto a shot that was in their glove/chest. Another 2-3 were shots from outside the face offs dots and were bad angles.

16 goals is still 16 goals and a big number no matter how you slice, but that’s on 44 shots which again tells you how bad the German goaltending was. I’d almost say that the US 11-0 win with 70+ shots was more dominating especially considering that they weren’t playing a team that only had 14 players. Too be fair though I didn’t watch the US game so again maybe stats don’t tell the entire tale but 70 shots is a ton of possession.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Germany’s goaltending was atrocious. I stopped watching at about 8-1 or 9-1 and I’d say at least half the goals at that point were absolute softies. 3 were from goalies mishandling the puck or failing to hang onto a shot that was in their glove/chest. Another 2-3 were shots from outside the face offs dots and were bad angles.

16 goals is still 16 goals and a big number no matter how you slice, but that’s on 44 shots which again tells you how bad the German goaltending was. I’d almost say that the US 11-0 win with 70+ shots was more dominating especially considering that they weren’t playing a team that only had 14 players. Too be fair though I didn’t watch the US game so again maybe stats don’t tell the entire tale but 70 shots is a ton of possession.
Sounds like the USA also hit lots of posts, and after watching them miss open mets against Russia it makes sense Feel bad for GER being down 6 guys, not that they had a chance but that's brutal and demoralizing.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Sounds like the USA also hit lots of posts, and after watching them miss open mets against Russia it makes sense Feel bad for GER being down 6 guys, not that they had a chance but that's brutal and demoralizing.
USA had some pretty bad chemistry going on early. Kept missing easy finishes with bad passes and execution despite wide open chances. They’re just off by inches everywhere on the offensive side of the puck. They could’ve won by 20. I don’t like their chances of going far, moreso after the Russian game. You can’t judge much from an 11-0 match. You don’t get time to warm up in these tourneys and these guys haven’t clicked the way you would like to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad