Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect Info

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
ronan seeley had an assist on the gwg for everett. got that from twitter, so i don't know if he had any other stats of interest in the game.
Roman has 2 goals and 8 assists in 17 games.

Half of his points were in 2 games against Tri-city.
Everett looks for him to create offense. He only has 2 games with no shots. 7 games he had 3 or 4 shots.

Last edited:

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
ronan seeley had an assist on the gwg for everett. got that from twitter, so i don't know if he had any other stats of interest in the game.
Don't know if matchup information is available. It would be fascinating to see if Seeley has been on the ice against Jarvis, because Everett has done a really good job against the Canes 1st rounder. In five games Jarvis has 2g/1a. My guess is that Seeley is one of the reasons that Jarvis has been slowed.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I saw an article where he needs a new contract for Ilves. Maybe he got one.

Canes only have until June to sign him, so I'm hoping it's news of signing with Carolina.

Could loan him back to Ilves if things get crowded in Chicago. Which is possible given Warm is signed and the possibility of Kochetkov and/or Makiniemi signing.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Mäkiniemi has a contract with Ilves until 2022 with an NHL clause. Ilves used the option year of the contract 4 months ago. This is not about it.
sorry it wasnt an article but a tweet from someone who covers Ilves alot

The wording sounded like they needed to re-sign him. Maybe I misread it or google translate made it sound different than the intentions.

the translation was "Eetu Mäkiniemi is playing a dizzying spring. The lynx can lock in next season's number one goalkeeper with good will. If the trend continues like this, one could call Carolina in the summer of 2022. #Ilves #Lock #Liga #NHLfi"

Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

Helsinki Hurricanes

Sep 6, 2018
sorry it wasnt an article but a tweet from someone who covers Ilves alot

The wording sounded like they needed to re-sign him. Maybe I misread it or google translate made it sound different than the intentions.

the translation was "Eetu Mäkiniemi is playing a dizzying spring. The lynx can lock in next season's number one goalkeeper with good will. If the trend continues like this, one could call Carolina in the summer of 2022. #Ilves #Lock #Liga #NHLfi"

It's bit vague. It could also be interpreted as him playing so well he can be counted to be number one goalie for them next year (as opposed to having to find another number one goalie).

Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Vaxjo won today 3-1 to win the series. I was mistaken in thinking this was a 7 game series. The finals starts Saturday. The top 2 teams battling it out for the trophy, Rogle vs Vaxjo

Drury had 3 shots, was even, won 44% if his FOs in 15 minutes of ice time.

Reactions: geehaad and DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
So the Hockey News came out with its future watch issue. Many of you probably follow it already but I thought I’d put their top ten for us in here. It’s written by Luke, which makes it interesting every year. Luke obviously isn’t a pro scout, so you typically assume these write ups are heavily influenced by what he’s told by the team. That to me always makes this list more valuable than the “expert” prospect pundit lists we see, as for better or worse this is how management sees these guys. My complaint is always the same, the blurbs for each guy is always too short.

1) Jarvis
2) Suzuki
3) Ponomarev
4) Rees
5) Gunler
6) Drury
7) Bokk
8) Kochetkov
9) Keane
10) Nikishin

My list would be very similar aside from maybe Nikishin. That’s what makes it interesting. The team obviously wants him to turn out - many of us wouldn’t have him there. They also make this a little while in advance before it actually comes out so playoffs are almost never a factor. Guys will shine in their playoffs and it won’t be accounted for, obviously this year is messed up for timing regardless.

Last edited:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
So the Hockey News came out with its future watch issue. Many of you probably follow it already but I thought I’d put their top ten for us in here. It’s written by Luke, which makes it interesting every year. Luke obviously isn’t a pro scout, so you typically assume these write ups are heavily influenced by what he’s told by the team. That to me always makes this list more valuable than the “expert” prospect pundit lists we see, as for better or worse this is how management sees these guys. My complaint is always the same, the blurbs for each guy is always too short.

1) Jarvis
2) Suzuki
3) Ponomarev
4) Rees
5) Gunler
6) Drury
7) Bokk
8) Kochetkov
9) Keane
10) Nikishin

My list would be very similar aside from maybe Nikishin. That’s what makes it interesting. The team obviously wants him to turn out - many of us wouldn’t have him there. They also make this a little while before it comes out so playoffs are almost never a factor. Guys will shine in their playoffs and it won’t be accounted for, obviously this year is messed up for timing regardless.

After the year Honka had, I’d have him in my top 10 for sure, certainly over Nikishin. Anyway, if that list is in any way indicative of how the team feels about their top prospects, it makes sense why they got Ponomarev signed so quickly after the draft.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

1) Jarvis
2) Suzuki
3) Ponomarev
4) Rees
5) Gunler
6) Drury
7) Bokk
8) Kochetkov
9) Keane
10) Nikishin

My list would be very similar aside from maybe Nikishin. That’s what makes it interesting. The team obviously wants him to turn out - many of us wouldn’t have him there. They also make this a little while in advance before it actually comes out so playoffs are almost never a factor. Guys will shine in their playoffs and it won’t be accounted for, obviously this year is messed up for timing regardless.

Interestingly, Nikishin at 10 might not be that much of a stretch given his tools. When you take a look at the Russia U-20 roster from the WJC about the only guy on that blueline that's been more productive in the KHL this past year is Shaq, who the Devils took in the first (similar rate but Shaq had more games played). The guy has good skating, good puck skills, and a hell of a mean streak. I think they may figure that if he rounds out his defensive coverage they may really have something here. There's other guys we have that are more likely to reach their upside, but Boom is a bit of a unicorn if he hits his. Pretty telling on what they think his upside might be if they have him listed over one of the better offensive dman prospects in the game and over a legit #1 dman in the SHL.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Interestingly, Nikishin at 10 might not be that much of a stretch given his tools. When you take a look at the Russia U-20 roster from the WJC about the only guy on that blueline that's been more productive in the KHL this past year is Shaq, who the Devils took in the first (similar rate but Shaq had more games played). The guy has good skating, good puck skills, and a hell of a mean streak. I think they may figure that if he rounds out his defensive coverage they may really have something here. There's other guys we have that are more likely to reach their upside, but Boom is a bit of a unicorn if he hits his. Pretty telling on what they think his upside might be if they have him listed over one of the better offensive dman prospects in the game and over a legit #1 dman in the SHL.
Agreed. Also the team has learned their coach maybe. He wants a guy like Hank on the third pair. Tough and physical, but in today’s game has to be talented enough to skate and move the puck. Honka likely doesn’t excite him for the third pair.

Or at all honestly.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

1) Jarvis
2) Suzuki
3) Ponomarev
4) Rees
5) Gunler
6) Drury
7) Bokk
8) Kochetkov
9) Keane
10) Nikishin

One thing that I can say about Nikishin, watching a few of his games with Spartak, is that he may well be more likely to make the NHL as a bottom-pair guy, just based on his physicality alone, but also because he has a surprisingly nice set of hands (from what I've seen) for a guy that's so large.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I agree and that’s my point. We would as a group maybe pick guys like Tieksola or Puistola or whoever you like in that spot. Many if picking a dman would put Honka first. Not the big defensive defenseman. It’s good to see a perspective that values guys like that. Just a more realistic look. He may only make it as a third pairing guy but that’s still a great pick if he turns out.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad