Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospect Info

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I believe it does. But do we sign him to have a guy that meets expansion draft exposure requirements? Would he meet those requirements? I don't know...

I think they end up signing both Mrázek and Nedeljkovic and roll the dice on exposing one or the other. This of course assumed Nedeljkovic would meet the requirements for an exposed goalie, not sure on that one.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think they end up signing both Mrázek and Nedeljkovic and roll the dice on exposing one or the other. This of course assumed Nedeljkovic would meet the requirements for an exposed goalie, not sure on that one.
That would have been my assumption before the season. But with Petr's injury keeping him out for so long, do they get nervous that it is too risky to resign him without knowing how his hand affects his play going forward? Especially given his variability in the past.

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Goalies don’t have a game requirement. Each team has to expose a goalie under contract for 21-22 or a RFA that has received a QO.

that may be Warm’s function if Helvig isn’t going to receive a QO.
Helvig's QO is a $735k two way one year contract. Not giving him a QO would mean relinquishing his rights. I'd guess he gets one.

Generally, most often the contract offer is so offensively poor that they don't get signed. Last off-season was a bit of an anomaly, many guys opted to accept theirs. Maybe this will be too if the corona situation carries on over the summer.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Tieksola going off today...1g, 2 assists. Of all the late round swings lately (Nybeck, Pashin, etc.), this is the guy I think has the best shot of actually becoming a player.

Nybeck is an interesting player because he's already been good enough to play in a bunch of games in Sweden's top men's league at 18. Will he turn into anything? Probably not, but it's a nice shot in the dark. Usually guys as productive as him don't slip all the way to the 4th round.

I agree, though, my favorite player of the Nybeck/Pashin/Tieksola, high-ceiling but long-shot group is Tieksola.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Of course, it looks like Dostal was 10-1 giving up a goal less a game on the same team. Looks like he's doing kinda sorta okay since coming over to the AHL after that. So who the heck knows?

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Dostal was 10-1 giving up a goal less a game on the same team.
tenor.gif

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Of course, it looks like Dostal was 10-1 giving up a goal less a game on the same team. Looks like he's doing kinda sorta okay since coming over to the AHL after that. So who the heck knows?
Eetu has a 1 more goal against average than Dostal had. Dostal have a hot streak? He is doing okay in the AHL 3.12 and a .912.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Eetu has a 1 more goal against average than Dostal had. Dostal have a hot streak? He is doing okay in the AHL 3.12 and a .912.
It'd be a heck of a hot streak. Dostal had similar numbers on the team for over 40 games last year I think. Like I said, he's not killing the AHL, so who knows? Just pointing out some context on Makiniemi's decent numbers compared to a better thought of prospect.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It'd be a heck of a hot streak. Dostal had similar numbers on the team for over 40 games last year I think. Like I said, he's not killing the AHL, so who knows? Just pointing out some context on Makiniemi's decent numbers compared to a better thought of prospect.

.912 is a really good save percentage, particularly for a 20-year-old AHL rookie. His team, though, certainly doesn't seem like much of a defensive juggernaut if they're giving up so many shots that giving up three or more goals on average is still above a .900 SV%.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Honka had 2 assists in 19:19 and Puistola went scoreless in 11 minutes in a JYP loss

Drury had an assist in 15:50 in a game against Nybeck’s squad. Nybeck had an assist in 10:46. Drury’s Vaxjo won 2-1.

selllgren went +1 in almost 20 minutes in a 4-3 loss today.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Kochetkov alert:

Torpedo went into the playoffs and were swept.
Kochetkov came into relief of the 2nd game after their starter let in 3. He stopped 25-26 in a 4-1 loss.

started game 4, stopped 32 of 35 in a 4-1 loss. Torpedo was well overmatched.

He ended the year in 6 starts with Torpedo with a .931 sv percentage and a 2.63 gaa

let the Kochetkov watch begin. Do we bring him over?

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
Kochetkov alert:

Torpedo went into the playoffs and were swept.
Kochetkov came into relief of the 2nd game after their starter let in 3. He stopped 25-26 in a 4-1 loss.

started game 4, stopped 32 of 35 in a 4-1 loss. Torpedo was well overmatched.

He ended the year in 6 starts with Torpedo with a .931 sv percentage and a 2.63 gaa

let the Kochetkov watch begin. Do we bring him over?
Yes but only so we can have a spin-off talk show called Petr&Pyotr between the pipes

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Absolutely. I think it's obvious to try to get him signed. Next year Pytor and Lafontaine can share the reigns of the AHL. We will probably sign 2 of Ned/Reimer/Mrazek to 1-3 year deals. Gives plenty of opportunity for any goalie to take the starter's role. None of them will probably be Vasilevskiy, but we have 4 goalies on the right side of 30 with solid potential. And it won't break the bank, probably, allowing us to sign Dougie, add a forward UFA, or trade for an upgrade and salary increase.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
If GMBC believes this is the guy that is the solution to their goaltending future, as they said after missing out on on Askarov (IIRC), then this is the moment to take the next step with him.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Yes but only so we can have a spin-off talk show called Petr&Pyotr between the pipes

Thanks Tripp.

His KHL deal is up. Do we sign him and loan him somewhere for next season to get him more ice time? Let him sign another 2 year deal in the KHL and reassess.

sounds like quite a radio show

Do they try to bring him over this year?? Seems unlikely with Warm signed now, since Warm, Connor Ingram, and Bibeau would be in Chicago once Mrazek is healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad