2020-21 New Goalie Equipment/Mask Sightings (No political discussion)

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Nothing beats Chris Osgood with the Islanders in 2001, still wore all of his Detroit equipment for the first few months before the team made him change the colors.

415e6a1253648d93463e76672c3518f6.jpg
That was weird. Was he protesting his move to the Islanders or something?

iirc the league actually stepped in and told him to start wearing navy pants.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Spencer Knight era in Florida gets underway tonight. He was wearing his USA WJ pads and BC helmet in practice. Wonder what he’ll be wearing tonight

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
CCM officially launched EFlex5 for retail today. Here's a look at the Eflex5 stick. I'm not sure I've seen any goalies using it, obviously seen a ton of Eflex5 pads/blockers/gloves though.

Most CCM guys still seem to be using Axis Pro stick or the Preimer 2 pro stick.

E: Markstroms been using it for a bit.

yIwEHff.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
That Canes mask is an absolute mess.
I'd say the same about most of the DaveArt masks I've seen so far. Obviously a matter of personal preference, to each their own, horses for courses, yadda yadda. They tend to have lots of tiny detail close up, and I get why that's nice to have. From a distance or in motion or both it's just a blurry mess without a clear look. (Regardless, he's extremely skilled in painting technique, innovative even.)

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I don't get why Dave includes the "Bigfoot" alternate logo as the hundreds of mini ghosted logos on Avs buckets since they ditched that as the alternate and went to the "C".

Nixon45

Nov 7, 2019

Ok, I love the Sentiment behind this mask and the use of the First Special Forces patch... But this thing is a goddamn travesty otherwise.

What a scrambly pile of crap. I've hated DaveArts masks for a long time now and they just get worse and worse every season. Jokes on me though seemingly because more and more guys choose to get him to paint their masks. So... who cares about my opinion.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I don't get why Dave includes the "Bigfoot" alternate logo as the hundreds of mini ghosted logos on Avs buckets since they ditched that as the alternate and went to the "C".
Maybe goalies want that, just like Islanders goalies always have the fisherman logo tho Islanders haven’t used it in ages.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Ezxmj-TVoAMUUoy

EFlex5 setup with an old CCM/Heaton Helite graphic print from a female Canadian goalie.

Wouldn’t mind seeing that in the NHL. Other than Kaskisuo with the old school Reactor graphic, haven’t seen it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad