Prospect Info: 2020-21 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Not great night for the college boys, Tyce Thompson held scoreless and -2 in 3-0 loss to BC and Brady gave up three late goals in 5-4 loss to ND, the winner with 5 secs left in the game.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
To my eyes it was more than that preinjury. When he played with players his own age he looked like a high round pick. At the WJSS right after he was drafted he stood out. Then again the next year at the WJC he obviously stood out. He was never quite as noticeable in the college games but he still did enough. He was most fun on the PK. Always dangerous at times daring the point man to try something. He had a nice shot and could control the puck in open ice. Always in the right place too.

Then he got hurt and it just hasn’t been the same when I’ve watched him. Compound that with the loss of his mom and it’s not shocking he looked like a different player.

Hopefully this last game signals a return to where he was. He absolutely looked like a player developing into an NHL caliber player even if a bottom six guy.

Great take on things. For Penn State and Talvitie had to be a big relief to get the first one out of the way.

Knowing the history of the program and the coaching staff, there is a history of players reaching their potential and growing from the start of the season to the end.

Will be shocked if that's not the case with him. Particularly with the nature of his injury and the timetable for recovery.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

More Covid positive results coming in. Hopefully everyone had little to no symptoms and recover.

I think if Holtz tests positive we should hear soon.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Rangers prospect Brett Berard went a -8 in his team's 9-0 loss, he's a good player that just had a bad night but yeeesh!

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

More Covid positive results coming in. Hopefully everyone had little to no symptoms and recover.

I think if Holtz tests positive we should hear soon.

The tournament doesn't start for nearly 3 weeks - why the hell are positive tests NOW disqualifying these guys?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
The tournament doesn't start for nearly 3 weeks - why the hell are positive tests NOW disqualifying these guys?

I honestly haven't read too much into how they're pulling off the WJC this year so I could 100% be wrong, but maybe because they'd have to quarantine for at least 2 weeks at home then fly to Canada, and perhaps need to quarantine for another 2 weeks once they get there? Just to be safe? I don't know lol

Reactions: Darkauron

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
If Sweden loses another star i think they should just not go. Such a silly rule that gives Canada an unfair advantage.

The Canadian team has been in lockedown for 2 weeks because of COVID already.

I don’t understand why you would say Sweden shouldn’t go. It’s not worth the players that can play to play because other players are unavailable?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
The Canadian team has been in lockedown for 2 weeks because of COVID already.

I don’t understand why you would say Sweden shouldn’t go. It’s not worth the players that can play to play because other players are unavailable?
Team Canada is already in Canada, they have the luxury of not playing for a Mens team up until December then becoming ineligible due to 1 Positive COVID test. These players who tested positive could easily have three negative tests by December 10th.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I honestly haven't read too much into how they're pulling off the WJC this year so I could 100% be wrong, but maybe because they'd have to quarantine for at least 2 weeks at home then fly to Canada, and perhaps need to quarantine for another 2 weeks once they get there? Just to be safe? I don't know lol
Wouldn't want to risk the 0.0000010% chance they are capable of getting it again. This WJC should have an * attached to it.

Reactions: HBK27

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
Team Canada is already in Canada, they have the luxury of not playing for a Mens team up until December then becoming ineligible due to 1 Positive COVID test. These players who tested positive could easily have three negative tests by December 10th.

Team Canada got their team together weeks ago for this exact reasoning. The players left their teams to go there. Every other team could have gone the same route if they wanted to.

Canada doesn't have Laff and the US doesn't have Hughes. People missing the tournament every year is not unique, only the reason is.

Should every year that Canada loses have an asterisk because the countries best players are already in the NHL?

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
The CHL has been shut down (or nearly shut down) all season, big difference from Europe where the leagues are in full swing.

The QMJHL has been consistently playing while shutting down teams due to Covid risk/provincial rules. Mercers team last played on the 26th, which to my knowledge is after he left for WJC camp.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
The QMJHL has been consistently playing while shutting down teams due to Covid risk/provincial rules. Mercers team last played on the 26th, which to my knowledge is after he left for WJC camp.
Whatever, try to rationalize this however you please but Canada has a massive advantage. The rules have been set up to ensure they have a largest advantage going in.

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
Whatever, try to rationalize this however you please but Canada has a massive advantage. The rules have been set up to ensure they have a largest advantage going in.

I am not rationalizing anything. The mere notion that Canada is gaming the system for an advantage is laughable.

The start of this conversation was due to your statement that Sweden should boycott because they have players unavailable. You think it's better to not play at all then to let the remaining players play? Why would Sweden not want to play?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I don't think Canada is gaming the system, but I still don't understand why players that are testing positive now are already being ruled out of the tournament. I'm guessing it has something to do with needing a negative test and/or having to quarantine in their current country now and in Canada upon arrival...but why is the quarantine in Canada necessary at that point when they would have just gotten over having it? Once the player has recovered and it's been long enough that they are past the period of giving it to other people, they should be able to play IMO.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I am not rationalizing anything. The mere notion that Canada is gaming the system for an advantage is laughable.

The start of this conversation was due to your statement that Sweden should boycott because they have players unavailable. You think it's better to not play at all then to let the remaining players play? Why would Sweden not want to play?
Wallinder no longer eligible to play...yes I think it is better for them not to send a team then to have their C Team have their clock cleaned.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't think Canada is gaming the system, but I still don't understand why players that are testing positive now are already being ruled out of the tournament. I'm guessing it has something to do with needing a negative test and/or having to quarantine in their current country now and in Canada upon arrival...but why is the quarantine in Canada necessary at that point when they would have just gotten over having it? Once the player has recovered and it's been long enough that they are past the period of giving it to other people, they should be able to play IMO.

That's a good point. Isn't anyone who has overcome the infection immune and incapable of infecting anyone else (both for at least three months) once they are 10 days past symptoms? If so, those folks should be able to play in my view.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
First off, C teams don't always get their clock cleaned.

Second, the bubble has to have 0 coronaviruses cases and cannot take a risk of even one getting in. If the infection spreads to two teams, the tournament is over.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
First off, C teams don't always get their clock cleaned.

Second, the bubble has to have 0 coronaviruses cases and cannot take a risk of even one getting in. If the infection spreads to two teams, the tournament is over.
These people have already had COVID...what risk do they have of spreading COVID into the bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad