NBA 2020-21 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Harden gives up so much defensively. Simmons is already a lock down defender and if he can develop some semblance of a shot to go along with his passing and dribbling, he’s better to build around than Harden.
This has been asked of him for the last 4 years since he was drafted 1st overall.

It's not going to happen. I don't know why, but it just isn't working with him. He's such a good player that he can be an all-star point guard by never taking jump shots.

Problem is, he is rendered useless in the playoffs when teams just back off and essentially make it 4-on-5, or turn him into an off-the-ball player which takes away his biggest strength of actually running the point.

Harden is a disaster defensively, no doubt. I actually prefer Simmons to Harden personally, but if the Sixers are trying to win now with Doc and before Embiid's body self-destructs, this is the move to make.

Reactions: cgf

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
As much as I think Harden is overrated, I'm not sure I understand Philadelphia's reluctance to include Ben Simmons in a trade for Harden.

Unless the Rockets are demanding multiple 1st round picks, then I could understand. But if the ask isn't very much on top of Simmons, that's a trade Philadelphia should be all over.

I can see both sides of it because of the big age difference. Harden will be the better player in the short-term so if you think you can win a title with him and Embiid in the next two years or so then you probably do it.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Wild offseason for Harden

doesnt want to play with Russ
asks for trade once they finally trade russ
buys some rapper a $200k Watch and gifts him $100K in cash
apparently Buys 3 rolls royce's at once for his mom and friend and himself after the stress of the bubble.

it's crazy if you are are superstar in the NBA, The money & control you have is insane.

Also interesting how John wall makes more than Harden this year and next year

Sep 19, 2008
Harden is a very unlikable figure right now. With his choking reputation as well as this party rep it's part of the problem with the NBA to be honest and frank with you. Play ball. Party at home. Be responsible. This isn't a frat party anymore doggy you're a big boy now

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Harden is a very unlikable figure right now. With his choking reputation as well as this party rep it's part of the problem with the NBA to be honest and frank with you. Play ball. Party at home. Be responsible. This isn't a frat party anymore doggy you're a big boy now

Maybe he should pull an A.D. and basically just take the easy way .

When he basically held the Pelicans hostage, nobody dared criticize him even though he did the same stuff Harden's doing.

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Rockets had their time during the Harden era but the Warriors put the breaks on that, especially the 2017-2018 Western Conference Finals where the Rockets choked the hell out of that game 7.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I'm looking forward to seeing what Miami does with him. A 6'8" wing with a 7'2" wingspan, who can guard multiple positions and is shooting threes now. They're high on him and basically had him redshirt for his entire rookie season.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Me, everytime Kevin Durant touches the ball

clr--N.gif

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
People actually thought Golden State was scary.

Curry, bum ass Wiggins and a rookie who has had barely any time in college isn't a core that strikes fear in the hearts of people.

Reactions: Gecklund

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
People actually thought Golden State was scary.

Curry, bum ass Wiggins and a rookie who has had barely any time in college isn't a core that strikes fear in the hearts of people.

well if wiggins had ever reached the potential he was suppose to have when drafted it would be...lol but that hasn't happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad