Speculation: 2020-21 Management/Coach/Owner Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
You know if Seattle is super desperate for a center or having trouble hitting the cap floor I could see them taking him

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
You know if Seattle is super desperate for a center or having trouble hitting the cap floor I could see them taking him
Was thinking the same.
Rico is a solid player still. The reason he was not picked up was his salary, but that might be less of a problem for Seattle.
As our lineup progresses I actually think he could perform well for us again.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Was thinking the same.
Rico is a solid player still. The reason he was not picked up was his salary, but that might be less of a problem for Seattle.
As our lineup progresses I actually think he could perform well for us again.
He did play pretty well for us once he got back in the lineup. I thought he and Raks were the best of the vets in working with the kids.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
yeah same. I didn’t like only playing teams in division but I loved the baseball format as well. Added more nastiness to some of the games

Maybe have the back-to-back games at the end of the season against divisional foes to add a bit more intrigue in the last month? That would add a bit more intrigue that if you win 2 games outright, then that's like an 8-point swing against that team in the division.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I’m not really knowledgeable about the coaching aspect of the game but I really dislike how Eakins wasn’t allowed to choose his assistants when we first brought him in as hc and was just stuck with carlyles guys.

Reactions: Kalv
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Wow. Finally someone, I guess there will be another one?

So, Ward was assistant for the Bruins in their cup run. Has he been responsible for PP's?

I believe he was, so that's good. I'll look more when I can but I think he's been decently good at it or at least has had success.

The interest in Muller's certainly interesting, was more of a PK guy I thought.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ward’s ability to connect with players through empowerment turned around a team
Implementing a gritty, defence-first system for the playoffs that the team executed shockingly well, he helped the Flames get over a playoff hump with a play-in triumph over Winnipeg

Calgary Flames' Geoff Ward hiring was a no-brainer - Sportsnet.ca

Not seeing anything specifically about special teams, so maybe we are still out for that.

EDIT:
Ward has spent a decade in the NHL running power plays – primarily good ones.
What to expect from Geoff Ward’s power play

This sounds encouraging

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
As I said in the other thread Ward probably has a better coaching track record than Eakins. He should help the PP given his past history.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think it could hurt honestly. Could confuse the players.

It could since there really shouldn't be two supervisors. Yet, we have no idea who's coaching what. Brown could just be an assistant coach, but his knowledge on the PP could be useful to bounce off ideas. I thought we were done hiring coaches. LoL

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Third times the charm? You've got Scott Niedermayer in your avatar wondering if maybe this time Brown will work out?

And guys, this isn't the NFL, assistant coaches do other things lol.

Ummm... your dig seems unwarranted since Brown did help Anaheim win its first cup. Three out of the five years he's been with the Ducks under RC, the PP finished in the top-10 three times, top-3 once in the SC season. The lowest was 17th overall.

I was jokingly pointing out he's here for the third time, ICYMI for the headline readers only. Apparently, that's as far as you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad