Speculation: 2020-21 Management/Coach/Owner Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
How’s it a good move? The overseer is Murray. And you’re taking a LA Kings dumpster fire Manager, and throwing him here. Where are we getting at? I would expect more. Someone from Toronto or Tampa. How’s this an accomplishment on a hand me down?
This guy was in great deal responsible for building the Kings teams that won two cups, and also has expertise in building up fully functional analytics departments while he was at it. This is by no means a hand me down. This is Rob Blake pushing talented people out of the door and us capitalizing on that.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
This guy was in great deal responsible for building the Kings teams that won two cups, and also has expertise in building up fully functional analytics departments while he was at it. This is by no means a hand me down. This is Rob Blake pushing talented people out of the door and us capitalizing on that.

So was Burke, the myth the legend. He brought the first Cup to California soil. I can say the same thing about it right back to you. It doesn’t matter, it’s a what have you done lately business. And he hasn’t done shit. So yes it’s a hand me down.

On your contrary, maybe Blake is smart enough that Kings are ass. And he was done there. Blake is ahead of the curve. Maybe he isn’t so stupid as you make it seem to be.

Last edited:

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Not being on the inside it is impossible to know if Solomon was pushed out or if he left for what he perceived as a better position. I will speculate that the Kings are doing some housecleaning, as Blake fully implements "his" team underneath him. The Ducks had a vacancy from McNab's retirement and scooped up an experienced executive that meets their needs. Given that Solomon already lives in the LA/OC area this makes it much easier on both parties, as Solomon doesn't have the cost differential of moving into an extremely highly priced real estate market. It was probably the only team that Solomon could go to that would not totally disrupt his life by forcing him to move. At Solomon's age I do not view him as a potential replacement for BM unless the Ducks are not happy with Madden as a replacement for BM. If that happens I expect Madden to leave the Ducks for another opportunity.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
How’s it a good move? The overseer is Murray. And you’re taking a LA Kings dumpster fire Manager, and throwing him here. Where are we getting at? I would expect more. Someone from Toronto or Tampa. How’s this an accomplishment on a hand me down?
Toronto! Now there is a team that has shown continued success.

Seeing as the Leafs haven't won a playoff round since 2003, maybe we should lend them some of our front office guys? What do you think? I would expect more from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deuce22

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I'm no fan of Murray, and agree that the Ducks need new management. But you know nothing about Solomon, either do I. Maybe this is the first move in a managerial shakeup.

Reactions: AngelDuck

SoCal Dreaming

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2020
I dont think Solomon was pushed out. Per the article and kings tweet that they terminated his contract per Jeff Solomons request. So it was him that wanted to move on.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
You know this franchise needs a shake up. It’s been atrocious for how many years? This is exactly like the Angels if Shinobi isn’t playing. It’s a wasted ticket. Why am I gonna spend money for something this bad to watch when Dodgers are doing good.

Maybe if this team gets its act together I’ll spend money with my kids on it. Other than that? No I wont spend a dollar on it. Murray needs to go

I guess you might be a definition of a fair weather fan.

You only want to watch stars when they show up on gameday, which is why you only care about Ohtani when the Angels play versus the Dodgers' cast of stars on a daily basis? Sounds like you're a Dodger fan than an Angel fan, considering the Angels also do have Trout and Rendon.

Since we're on this Angels tangent. The Angels haven't seen .500 for the past five seasons. It may be six consecutive seasons the way the season is going today. The Angels haven't been to the playoffs in six seasons. The Angels are lacking pitching and all around talent. Their prospect pool isn't great with only two players of note: OF Adell and P Detmers, but both are probably a season or two away. After that, not much. Pujols' contract ends this season and that will give the Angels more money to hopefully throw at a starting pitcher instead of yet another hitter.

Anaheim has missed the playoffs for the past three seasons and prior to that, they were playoff bound for six consecutive seasons as well as winning five consecutive Pacific Division titles. The Ducks have accumulated a lot of youthful talent all the while and is set to add a significant piece in the draft with a guaranteed top-4 selection. There's a lot of promise with the youth group, especially with the drafting of Zegras (2019) and Drysdale (2020) along with the potential of D Fleury, a 2020 TDL acquisition. This off-season, the Ducks have cap space to play with to acquire a top-6 forward.

The ultimate goal of any team is to acquire as many talented players as possible. The more you have, the better the chances of going further in the season and playoffs. Things are looking good for the moment. Let's see what the off-season brings.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Finally an admission that our analytics department has been well behind the league. Very happy that is being taken seriously now.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Unsurprising. Final year of Bob's contract too, probably his last hurrah before we see some real change in the front office.

Do kind of feel for Eakins in a sense, deserves better than being the sitting duck, even if I don't think he's an NHL coach.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The budget talk is interesting. Can't get a read on if Bob is being magnanimous or is truly pleased with what ownership is greenlighting.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So... We get a good 2022 draft pick? Yay!
22 draft is gonna be better than 21, 20 and 19. 3 franchise talents in Savoie, Lambert and Wright who are all Centers.
If the Ducks were to be the worst team in the league next season they would at least get the #3 pick for Savoie
with a small chance at #2 for Lambert and much smaller chance at #1 for Wright.

Comtois/Zegras/Perreault
Rakell(re-signed) or Eklund if they draft him/Savoie/Terry
Henrique/Lundestrom/Volkov
Steel/Groulx/Silf - given his hips Silf probably is a 4th liner by the time Savoie would arrive.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Also thought "we need to add to our top 6 forwards, there's 2 ways to do that, trade and draft" was pretty funny. Shows we likely won't be in on any top free agent forwards, though we never are. Funny of him to confirm this is the case once again though.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
What he said about the vets needing to embrace and take ownership of the fact that the team is rebuilding is laughable. YOU need to take ownership by actually making moves that indicate this is the case.
No it isn't, its 100% true. Our vets have completely failed us for two years for the most part, this last year especially.

And he's made a ton of moves that a rebuilding team makes. The notion that he hasn't just isn't true whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad