Toronto
Checking capfriendly. Teams that could take Killorn realistically:
- Preds
- Panthers
- Kings
- Devils
- Red Wings
- Senators

He would be a good fit for the Preds or Panthers, hopefully Preds move for him.

Yzerman knows that Detroit is the only team that probably can take Johnson. Will have to pay a 1st for that.

At this point I'd happily give up our first for that cap space. How often have our first round picks worked out anyways, they would need years to develop. We have 3 RFA's that are easily worth more than our 1st round draft pick at this point.

JBB needs to get going here, it's a tough market right now. Time to add the sweetener

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Yeah boys I don't think we're going to be willing to attach what's going to be needed to move TJ at this point. We need to accept that right now it's incredibly likely that we're losing either Cirelli or Serge.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Yeah boys I don't think we're going to be willing to attach what's going to be needed to move TJ at this point. We need to accept that right now it's incredibly likely that we're losing either Cirelli or Serge.

Farm is not deep on D. While either would hurt, Serge is the one I would work the hardest to keep. On the flip side, I also feel he is the one with the strongest value and would get the best return as part of a package or by himself.

Reactions: God King Fudge

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Farm is not deep on D. While either would hurt, Serge is the one I would work the hardest to keep. On the flip side, I also feel he is the one with the strongest value and would get the best return as part of a package or by himself.
Agreed on both points but I think the need for Serge outweighs possible return unless the desperation in the market causes a team to make a stupid deal. You gotta do whatever you can to keep him.

I think you're gonna see Cirelli shipped out for an underwhelming return and Killorn basically given away. Nate Schmidt for a 3rd is absolutely absurd and that doesn't bode well for the caliber of player we're looking to move.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Someone call Brisebois and let him know the offseason started and we are allowed to make trades if we want to !

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Someone call Brisebois and let him know the offseason started and we are allowed to make trades if we want to !
He's trying man. The market isn't there. Teams are not trying to take on cap. Who knows how long the Cap is going to be flat? No one is taking on$5M for 31 points without a serious addin. He can't force teams hands.

We have a lot of guys that aren't producing to their contract.

Reactions: Todd1a

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
As a Florida fan do you think McD could be the guy that could be traded? Large contract but it makes sense given that Florida seems to be trying to move Weegar for some reason

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He's trying man. The market isn't there. Teams are not trying to take on cap. Who knows how long the Cap is going to be flat? No one is taking on$5M for 31 points without a serious addin. He can't force teams hands.

At this point we won’t be able to sign one of Cernak, cirell or Sergachev I thought at least two of them we could sign

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Or starting the season with a holdout or two. If offer sheets don't materialize, we're kind of in a stand off.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Let's just pull the Yzerman special: give TJ 20 minutes per night with Kucherov and Point, 1st PP minutes, and on the ice in all EN situations. He puts up 15 points in his first 15 games and we move him for a 2nd.

Then we finally end the stand off with Cirelli and bring him back from Sweden, where he's been staying in shape.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Let's just pull the Yzerman special: give TJ 20 minutes per night with Kucherov and Point, 1st PP minutes, and on the ice in all EN situations. He puts up 15 points in his first 15 games and we move him for a 2nd.

Then we finally end the stand off with Cirelli and bring him back from Sweden, where he's been staying in shape.

This is actually not a bad idea..

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Trade Cirelli for draft picks/prospects and use some of those to help move Johnson. As a last resort we could waive Killorn; I think he would be picked up @ 4.5m for 3 years.. $9.5m should be enough to sign Sergachev and Cernak, and pick a couple of cheap UFA like Rutta.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
this sucks because it's not like Johnson is a bad player I think he still puts up 45 to 55 points easy in a top 6 role

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Meh. I'm not worried at all. Whatever team we'll ice next season, it will still be one of the best in the league and at least we have a Cup now. Imagine how much this would've sucked if we didn't win.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Agreed on both points but I think the need for Serge outweighs possible return unless the desperation in the market causes a team to make a stupid deal. You gotta do whatever you can to keep him.

I think you're gonna see Cirelli shipped out for an underwhelming return and Killorn basically given away. Nate Schmidt for a 3rd is absolutely absurd and that doesn't bode well for the caliber of player we're looking to move.

If we move killer we don’t have to move Tony.

What’s wrong with people here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad