Injury Report: 2020-21 Injuries & Covid Thread (Silfverberg out for the season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It was a good run of not having issues. Hopefully it’s a false negative or something like that that won’t be an issue.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Are NHL players still at the back of the line for vaccines, as healthy young non-essential workers?

I'm assuming they are going to be closer to back of the line. They'll be in the same round as "general public" or whatever they are labeling people that are not essential workers and don't have pre-existing conditions. They'll probably have access near the front of that group (along with all sports) because they have team medical staff that can schedule/vaccinate them separate from the public. My guess (based on what little I've been reading about vaccine rollout) is they get it some time this summer and next season will be a lot closer to normal (in terms of playing, not sure about fans in the stands).

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
With the amount of travel players do and the amount of people they interact with, they should be able to cut in line at this point.

Meanwhile, office workers who don’t travel or deal with the public, but work for “essential companies” are now being vaccinated in California.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Does this mean we have to add a goalie to the taxi squad? Shit, we have to add a backup goalie now. Dostal NHL debut?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So if the Canadiens have had all their games this week cancelled based on two players being in protocol surely we will see cancellations also?

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I know it probably wouldn’t look good to some people, but I believe pro sports players should be well ahead of everyone else for vaccinations. Probably been said before, but they are providing some sanity to a lot of people, and I bet most would support keeping them playing.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I know it probably wouldn’t look good to some people, but I believe pro sports players should be well ahead of everyone else for vaccinations. Probably been said before, but they are providing some sanity to a lot of people, and I bet most would support keeping them playing.
Based on HFBoards, the providing sanity portion of your argument might be problematic:laugh:

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm guessing we see a couple of cancellations?

hopefully this is all just a result of close contact with a positive case and none of them end up having it. these guys should be getting vaccinated though. NBA players have started getting them, no reason why NHL'ers shouldn't be either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad