GDT: 2020-21 IIHF WJC, Edmonton/Red Deer, Canada: 12/25/20 - 1/5/21

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Byfield doing more in this game than most of the other CAN forwards which is good to see. They all kind of look like shit though so I dunno if that's really saying much.
He is getting more time for sure, and apart from one shift his line has done a good job getting the puck deep in the US zone.

However, it has to be said that it is disappointing to not see him even try to assert himself. This is a huge game, and he hasn't once tried to do more than support the play.

He has the skill and body to be a superior player, but he has to reach out and take it. He just flat out hasn't done that in this brief tourney.

Reactions: Rooks and BigKing

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
QB looks like he’s using a longer stick than the one that seemed too short for his size.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I hope this last 9 minutes doesn't last as long as the USA/Russia 1980 olympics game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He is getting more time for sure, and apart from one shift his line has done a good job getting the puck deep in the US zone.

However, it has to be said that it is disappointing to not see him even try to assert himself. This is a huge game, and he hasn't once tried to do more than support the play.

He has the skill and body to be a superior player, but he has to reach out and take it. He just flat out hasn't done that in this brief tourney.

Still, the point is, he's a dumb scapegoat.

Where's Cozens been this game? Same draft pedigree, a year earlier, wearing the C...getting absolutely caved in despite getting monster minutes.

Pick a player that's not Byfield and there are only 2-3 other Canadian forwards that aren't just straight getting trucked for the game. Sure, he hasn't scored--he's also at the very least advanced the play. Do we want more? f*** yeah. But if you're going to treat him like your 13th forward and still get better results than 10 other Fs, you can't just lay into his draft pedigree 'we wanted more from 2nd OA'....

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I'm pretty sure I saw Turcotte in the movie 300 as one of the Gladiators. Though, I can't be 100% sure because of the whole helmet thing.

300-3.jpg

Kid is a beast.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I could watch Ryan Johnson skate the puck all day. 10 beautiful strides, a look off here, and the puck is in the ozone.

Reactions: funky

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean I guess let him be as involved as he wants to be but Knight is being stupid as bricks with the puck

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I could watch Ryan Johnson skate the puck all day. 10 beautiful strides, a look off here, and the puck is in the ozone.
some of these US defensemen have potential man

cam york has been impressing me all night too, making very high iq low effort plays to create space

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad