2020-21 Free Agent Frenzy

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
It wouldn't be terrible if Gausman accepted his QO. He alternates between average and above-average (outside of a terrible 2019), and his K rate has gone way up (although his HR rate is still high). One year at $19 million for a rich team that has a lot of payroll space (if they're willing to spend) isn't a bad deal. The worst case scenario is he sucks, and then they can just cut bait.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It wouldn't be terrible if Gausman accepted his QO. He alternates between average and above-average (outside of a terrible 2019), and his K rate has gone way up (although his HR rate is still high). One year at $19 million for a rich team that has a lot of payroll space (if they're willing to spend) isn't a bad deal. The worst case scenario is he sucks, and then they can just cut bait.
If I'm Gausman I sign it.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I dont many forfeiting their draft pick to sign stroman or gausman

Seeing as Mets/Giants aren't 'Revenue Sharing' teams per the CBA and I doubt either guy signs for more than 50M, the penalty for the signing team should only be their 3rd/4th highest draft selection.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
There’s a certain date that the pick compensation goes away though right? I think it’s usually part way through the season though if I’m remembering correctly

early June

or at least it used to be, who knows this year

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

The Jays, meanwhile, continue to pursue free agents at a breakneck pace. They are interested not only in outfielder George Springer and infielder DJ LeMahieu, but also have been in recent contact with outfielder Michael Brantley and third baseman Justin Turner, among others, sources say.

Reactions: MMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad